Chapter One: The Beginning

Braiden's POV

"Wake up Braiden, you're gonna be late!"

 I could hear Penny from downstairs; probably making breakfast for the family. She’s a great nanny...butler...person...

 "Uh,”I mumbled back.

It was like this every morning. I sat up, wiped my eyes, and looked at my clock. Only 5:45. I was surprised. Oh well. I jumped out of bed and ran to the shower. Then I turned the water on full blast, stripped, and hopped in.

I wonder what today has in store for me. I'm surprised there's any warm water left, being I'm the last to shower most of the time. Oh well. Be grateful for your gifts today. Lather, rinse, and repeat. Lather, rinse, and repeat.

 I washed out all of the shampoo, washed my body, and turned the water off. I quickly got a towel and put it around my waist, for I knew that if I had hot water someone else was later than I was, and got out of the shower.

"BRAIDEN, GET OUT OF THE BATHROOM!" I could hear Haiden yelling from the hallway.

 "You don't wanna come in and play with me?" I screamed sarcastically

 That burst his bubble. He came into the bathroom laughing and I noticed he wasn't wearing underwear.

"Uhm, bro?"

 "It makes sleeping easier! Don't blame me." He had a big grin on his face.

We were the closest of the three brothers, so this wasn’t a big deal. My other brother, Caiden, is a douche bag and is disrespectful. I don't like him much.

I got down a hair towel, dried off my hair, and spiked it. Then I dropped both towels and got dressed, just in time. Haiden had finished his shower, and he just jumps out. He doesn't really check to see if people are in the bathroom or not, so I decided to immediately leave and get some food.

 "Penny always makes the best food!" I sang while jogging downstairs.

I was in too good of a mood that day. It was never like that.

On the kitchen's island I noticed a big pile of pancakes. I took four and headed towards the table. Dad was sitting at the table and we chatted a bit. I don't remember what it was about. Something about the economy and how people won't buy insurance if it doesn't cover much. I decided to finish my morning routine in silence as I went to the garage and started the Camaro.

 "OH CRAP. THE GARAGEDOOR," I thought as carbon monoxide started to fill the air.

 Thankfully though, I clicked the button before I passed out. Haiden came out the door seconds later with a scowl on his face and slammed the door behind him.

 "What's the matter?"

He didn't reply. We just got in the car and he backed out. Seconds later we were speeding down Maple and headed away from school. I could tell he saw the concerned look on my face. He told me that Dad was on him again about needing a job, and how life isn't just a "free ride." I just sat there, with an understanding look on my face as we circled back around and headed for school. The rest of the ride was spent in silence.

 We pulled up to school and ran inside. I laughed while Haiden sweet talked the secretary out of our tardiness. She asked about Caiden, and Haiden had said that he was sick.

Which would explain why there was warm water.

 We split and walked to our first period classes. We were late most mornings so Mr. Calydon wasn't surprised to see me walk through the door 19minutes into the period. After that my day went pretty smoothly, until 7th period. It’s the last period of the day. Also my most dreaded period of the day, Physical Education. It's okay. I like running and stuff. But the guys hate me. They think I'm queer because I shave my legs. And yeah, that sounds weird. But it's for the swim team. It's not worthless. It makes me go faster.