Jealousy

I had always been fidgety about Nico hanging out with Jason for a while

I had always been fidgety about Nico hanging out with Jason for a while. I had known him for longer, but Nico opened up to Jason more quickly. I was upset about them hanging out so much. What did Jason have that I didn't? The ability to fly? A scar on his lip from trying to eating a stapler? Glasses? I didn't know.

I knew I had feelings for Nico di Angelo. Hell, I've always had. Well, not always, but I realized I did harbor feelings for the moody son of Hades about three years ago. Then, Jason swoops in, quite literally, and steals all the progress I'd slowly been working on. It took me so long, I'd ruined so many opportunities because I'm stupid, and Jason just stole all of my thunder, pun intended. It was hard for me to admit this, but, I, Perseus Jackson, was jealous. Of Jason Grace, no less.

And, yes, I did break up with Annabeth. It wouldn't be fair on her for me not to love her but lead her on, so I broke it off, but we remained friends. Hell, best friends. She is the one that always teases me about my crush on Nico, and, every time she does, I playfully glare at her and tell her to shut up.

Jason and Nico were talking right then, and I felt something at the pit of my stomach churn angrily, my heart growling furiously. Why couldn't he confide in me? Why couldn't he just...I dunno, love me?

Jason ruffled his hair before walking away, causing the object of my affections to glare at him. I immediately followed the blonde boy.

After a while, he must have noticed me following him, so he stopped and looked at me questioningly.

"Why are you following me?" He raised a skeptical eyebrow. "Do you want something?"

"Yes, I do," I muttered.

"What?" he asked. "I couldn't hear you."

"Yes I do," I repeated.

"What is it?"

I gave him my best menacing glare. "I want you to stay away from Nico."

"Why?" A confused look found its way onto the bespectacled son of Jupiter's face. "I'm not hurting anyone."

"Only if you knew," I thought.

"Just stay away from him," I growled.

Jason, who was obviously taken aback from my uncharacteristic behavior, then gave me a concerned look.

"Are you okay, Percy?" he asked. "Are you coming down with something? You should probably go see Will-"

"I. Don't. Need. To. See. Will."

"Then what's wrong?"

"You!" I shouted, earning the looks of campers passing by. "You're always so close to him, and it makes me feel uncomfortable, so please stop!"

"Are you-" Jason cleared his throat. "Do you like him?"

My cheeks flared. "N-no.."

"Oh my gods, you do," Jason grinned. "You like Nico!"

"I-I do not!"

"Oh really?" Jason looked at me skeptically. "Then why do you want me to stay away from him?"

"I-I just-"

Jason raised his eyebrow in disbelief.

"Okay, okay, fine! I like him."

"Okay." Jason walked off.

"Hey, where are you going?" I demanded, following him immediately.

I tried to keep up with him, but he then flew away, and I lost him after a while.

"Shit," I panicked. "He's probably gonna tell him, and then he'll hate me."

- - - - -

I sulked in my cabin for a good while, until Annabeth dragged me out of my cabin to go train with her. On our way there, I saw Jason conversing with Nico, even though I asked him specifically not to. I growled angrily.

"I'll catch up with you," I told my friend before running off towards Jason and and Nico, leaving her confused.

Jason rolled his eyes at whatever the little cutie told him, then he told him something back, which Nico smiled slightly at, and I could feel myself become consumed with rage.

"Hey, Grace!" I barked, emerging from my observation point and approaching the blonde.

"Oh, hi Percy," Jason snickered. "We were just talking about you."

"Im sure you were," I growled, grabbing him roughly by the collar of the shirt. "I told you to stay away from him!"

"He's my friend!" Jason retorted. "I have the same rights as you do to see him!"

"Oh, put down the act, Jason." I cast him an angry look. "I know you told him."

"Told him what?"

"Don't play dumb! I know you told him I like him!"

"Uh, Percy?" Nico spoke.

I looked over at him. He looked kind of confused.

"Yes?"

"He didn't tell me that. We were just talking about you, though not in a bad way."

I felt heat rush in my face at his words. I chuckled nervously, letting go of the now ruffled collar of Jason's shirt and smoothing it down apologetically.

Jason cast me a half-hearted glare.

Gods, if I possessed the power just to disappear, I would have used it right then.

"But it's okay, Percy," Nico continued, a rose blush blossoming on his cheeks. "I-I like you too."

"Really?" I asked incredulously.

"Yeah," he answered, shifting his gaze to the blades of grass around his feet.

"Then... Will you come train with me then?" I laughed nervously.

He looked back up at me with a anxious nod, then followed me to the training center. Little did I know, Jason was watching us walk away with a proud grin on his face. It had been his plan all along. Well, since my confession, the little shit.