14

Kiara

I was at the mall with Lexi , Erik , Jacob. We were just sitting at the food court eating and talking.

Erik: This feels like old times.

Lexi: It does. It really does

Jacob: Did anybody ever find out who shot Kiara?

Me: Nah. I just let it go.

Erik laughed.

Erik: Yall remember those days when Kiara would've pissed and the first one tryna find out who shot her?

We all laughed.

Lexi: Hell yeah. Her short tempered ass.

Me: My temper is not short.

They laughed while I shot glares at them.

Jacob: Lie again. Your temper is shorter than that girl's hair.

We all looked at where Jacob was looking and saw this girl with really short hair. It was like a really mini afro.

We all laughed at Jacob.

Me: We too old to be talking about other people like that.

Lexi: Forreal , but it was funny.

She sipped her drink and looked around the mall and Jacob spoke speaking.

Jacob: Yall ever get the feeling somebody's watching you?

Lexi: I mean yeah but what can you expect from all the shit we did in the past?

Erik: Exactly.

Jacob: Yeah but something feels off. I don't know what , but I swear I got that feeling some shits bound to go down again. The same feeling when we got raided while we were inside.

Erik: Well everybody just keep ya eyes open. Especially you Kiara.

I threw a fry at him.

Me: Why especially me?

Erik: Cause you got shot the other day dumbass. It could be that they're after your ass.

Lexi: Or me since I ran the shit.

Jacob: Or even all of us since we were all in it. 

Erik: All I'm saying is we look out for one another and our families. Especially the families because everybody knows the easiest way to get to us is by them.

Me: True.

I saw Zariyah walking with some girl.

Me: Erik , there go ya fiancee.

Zariyah spotted us and they walked over here. She kissed Erik and stood behind his chair as the girl stood at the end of the table where I was.

Zariyah: Hey you guys.

Erik: Hey. Whose this?

Zariyah: Nicole's cousin , Cymia. Cymia , this is Kiara , Jacob , Lexi and my fiance Erik.

Cymia smiled.

Cymia: Nice to meet you , all. 

Us: Likewise.

Something seemed off about her. 

Lexi: How come I'm just now hearing about you when I've been with Nicole for years and even had a child with her?

She shrugged and when she did , I saw the badge.

Shit.

Me: Your a cop?