11

Nicole

I've been at the hospital for about 3 hours and I've just gotten called into my bosses office. I swear that bitch hates me.

I knocked on her opened door. She looked up.

Mrs. Joan: Come in Nicole. Close the door behind you.

I did as she said and sat infront of her.

Me: Yes ma'am?

Mrs. Joan: I don't know why the hospital is making cuts for the employees , but we are having to let go some of the staff and you maybe one of them. I know how hard you work , you've been here for years , which is why I'm trying to keep you on. I need for you to fill out this packet and bring it back tomorrow. I'll do a meeting and see if we can keep you on. The kids love you and like I just said , I know how hard you work.

I nodded and took the packet from her.

Me: Thank you ma'am.

Mrs. Joan: Your welcome. I know today you were supposed to come in to cover Nurse Aimee's shift , but she came in so you can go. 

Me: Alright. Thank you again.

Mrs. Joan: Your welcome. Enjoy your day.

Me: You as well. 

I walked out and to the locker room. I switched my scrubs for Black Gently Ripped Jeans , Red Short-Long Plain Shirt and Red chucks. I pinned my hair up , put my scrubs in my bag , grabbed my things and walked out the hospital.

I walked to the parking garage , got in the car while placing the bag on the passenger side floorboard. I started the engine and pulled off while listening to the radio.

45 minutes later , I pulled into the circle , cut the engine and got out with my phone , bag and cross body. I decided to use the front door and not come in through the garage like I normally do. I'm happy that I'm off work early.

I walked in and gasped as felt some liquid come down on my head. Drenching me , my  clothes , my phone , my keys , my bag and my crossbody in what I can now see is milk and dirt. 

Wait , milk and dirt!? WHO DOES THIS TYPE OF SHIT!?

Next thing I know , these little boys are running from around the corner with long ass pool noodles. They all stopped once they saw me standing there.

Me: ALEXIS JAYLEN!

Lexi came running from around the corner but stopped once she saw me.

Lexi: Uh oh.

I dropped my stuff right where I was standing and took off my belt.

Ja'Bree: RUN!

They took of and I went straight for Ja'Bree. He rounded the corner and I threw the belt at him , making him trip. I went up to him , grabbed the belt and began to tear that ass up. 

I had him on the floor crying like Marie used to when she was 1.

Me: Get that ass up!

He jumped up with tears streaming down his face.

Me: Go get all of your friends and go sit in the living room. NOW!

He ran off as fast as his little legs would go.

Lexi's turn.

I went into our room and saw her standing in the middle of the room. Easiest place to find her. She's not a good hider.

I smiled and went up to her. She was sweating bullets.

Lexi: Hey baby.

And had a high voice.