Risking Amor: Prologue

"Please," I begged, "please, give me more time."

     A devilish grin formed on the hooded figure's face. Shadows draped over his eyes, revealing only his nose and mouth from the sliver of light. "Damian, did we not have a deal? I scratch your back, you scratch mine." He held out is hand and flattened it. A hologram of my mother arose, "She's in perfect condition, thanks to me."

     "Yes," I murmured, "but I need more time. I'm waiting for the right moment." I closed my eyes and pictured the young girl's sweet face. If I had only asked to cure my mother a different way, I wouldn't have to do this. "She's beautiful, Edgar. There's not one flaw on her that I can spy."

     He chuckled as he clapped his hands together. Something peverted must have crossed his mind, I could tell by the way he licked his lips. "Fine, I will give you more time." he finally said, awakening from his sexual pleasures.

     "Thank you, Edgar, you won't regret it." I said as I turned to leave. I was almost out of site when he called my name once again.

     "Oh Damian." I turned my head ever so slightly to see his face. "I expect you to go through with our little deal. It wouldn't be in Mommy's best interest if you didn't." A ball formed in my throat. If I had failed, my mother would have to pay the price, not me. I couldn't let myself get distracted. I had to find this girl.