Mike and Elijah (Part 1)

this is not boyxboy. (:

---------------------------------------

Forget My Pride

Whenever I look in his eyes, I can see my future with him. Just the thought of us being together someday brightens my life. It's my motivation for waking up in the morning. He's just so delicate but strong at the same time. I love him but I don't know how to tell him. Sometimes I just wish I could just tell him but there's just a lot of what if's. Like what if he doesn't love me back? What if our friendship never survives after this? What if I get hurt? My friend Kianna said that everyone gets hurt. It's a part of life. But I'm afraid. It's just so hard being in love with your friend.

            I lied in my bed scrolling through Instagram. It was around 12:30 and my house was just settling down. I kept scrolling until something caught my eye. A picture of Mike and Florence. My stomach churned and did flips. I've always been jealous of her, just because she got to call Mike River hers. Just because she got to cuddle him and hold his hand and kiss those succulent lips of his. That should be me. I've known him the longest, I've been here through everything yet he looks right over me and to her.

            I double tapped the picture, to be petty, and continue scrolling. Soon, I got bored and sighed. I didn't have a television in my room and I was too poor to pay for Netflix this month so I decided to go to bed. I placed my phone on the charger and sat it on my nightstand. I lied back and let the darkness engulf me until I was slipping into slumber. But before I could get into REM sleep, I hear something at my window. I sit up and groan. The only time I hear that noise, it's Mike being annoying. I get up and walk over to the window and open it to see Mike standing there in all black. "You know you're wrong, right?" I joked with him. I sat in the window sill as he sat beside me.

            "Nah. You know you wrong." He commented in a serious tone. "You know, your level of pettiness in increasing tremendously. And I can't say that I like it. Take a walk with me." He stated.

            I sighed and looked back to see if I was clear. I turned back around and faced him. "Okay." I shrugged. I can't really argue with the fact that I'm starting to be very petty when it comes to him and his little girlfriend. I hop off the window sill and we began our journey. "Where are we going?" I asked him.

            "To my house. I don't want you to get in trouble for me being in your house so we can go to mine." He told me.

            "But if I get caught sneaking out, I'll still get in trouble. So, your theory or whatever is invalid."

            He chuckles and slightly nudges me with his shoulder. "Don't make me laugh. I'm supposed to be upset." He spoke.

            "Why are you upset?" I questioned.

            He shrugged. "I don't know how to explain it but it's like a feeling of guilt or something. Just gotta get some stuff right, ya know?"

            "So, that's why we're going to your house?" I questioned. "Why couldn't we have stayed at my house? You think your house is better than mine, huh?"

            "I don't find your inquisitiveness intriguing right now. It's quite annoying and I wish you'd just...shut up and wait til we get to my house and talk. I need to think right now."

            I hate when people tell me to shut up. It really hurt my feelings for some reason. With that being said, I bit my lip and continued walking without saying a word. Soon, we reached his house and I followed him inside and up to his bedroom. He closed the door and locked it. I still didn't say anything because I kept wondering what this was all about. "You can sit on the bed." He told me, taking off his jacket.