Chapter 1: Moving On.

Mia Carters

"Dad why couldn't you have just said no to this stupid job?" I say annoyed. As I unpack my belongings into my new room, my dad comes in and looks at me.

"Mia after your Mom passed away you know I've been looking for a job to support us, and well you complaining all the time is just not helping me unpack my stuff now is it?" he says point his finger with his championship ring on.

"No it's not" I sigh and roll my eyes, hoping he didn't notice. He looked over and says "Fix your attitude, and dinner will be at 5." He disappears from my doorway and I continued to unpack my stuff.

My new room looked bland but as soon as I started hanging pictures of me and my old friends on the wall it became semi-personalized. I stopped and stared at a picture of me and mom. I eventually stopped gazing upon the photo and placed it on my new nightstand.

When my stomach growled, I looked on my phone to see what time it is, it read 4:37. Yes! Almost dinner. I hung all my clothes up in the closet and made my way down stairs to the kitchen. I sniffed the tomato paste smell and I entered upon a familiar which is my dad.

"Sit down and eat it's ready" he says looking at me with calmness. I sat down and began to eat. I downed my dinner and looked at the stove timer. It read 5:55.

"You ready for your first day at the new school tomorrow?" My dad says raising an eyebrow.

"Not really, I hate trying to make new friends and not knowing anyone." I say resting my head on my elbow.

"You'll be fine, I promise. Anyways after school meet me at the field and we'll drive home together, okay?" he says continuing to chew his spaghetti.

"Okay." I say with a big sigh.

I excuse myself and head upstairs to my room. I lay on my bed and grow more and more tired. Eventually I tuck myself under the covers and drift off to a deep sleep.

Sorry if I'm not good at this:(

Please forgive me first time writing!