Chapter 15

Brendon sits at a busy bar as a full moon hangs high in the sky. It's a gay bar, and he's there for the free drinks and energy. Male energy is infectious to the musician for some reason. He takes out a small bag from his pocket and removes the last designer drug artfully crafted by his dealer. He places it on his tongue and lets it dissolve. The music starts to sound better; each beat Brendon feels pump through his nerves. The strobe lights alternate; going from dim to bright and back again. He lets his eyes shut as he absorbs everything around him.

Then he feels something come near him, it causes the hair on his arms to stand on end. He looks to see a man with dirty blonde hair tied up in a ponytail. He has a small beard and soft green eyes. There's multiple colors he emits, ranging from cool blues to hot reds. There's a warmth in the pit of this musician's stomach; he definitely wants to feed off him. He sizes up the man quickly; he's wearing a quarter sleeve white shirt and a lengthy black chiffon skirt. Well this intrigues the musician even more.

The chiffon skirt guy speaks, "Hey, can I buy you a drink?"

Brendon subtly bites his lip and says, "Sure, I'd like that."

He orders up a few drinks, and Brendon just watches the energies dancing around the man's body. Each pulsing color makes Brendon's mouth water. As soon as the bartender places the drinks down, the musician is quick to take a sip, trying to avoid the urge to jump his bones. He would never let himself do that, though, because his mind just goes back to his wife. Course a couple touches of the skin are harmless, but Brendon isn't sure about the control he has at least around this individual.

"So," The man starts, "you come here often? The name's Emmett by the way." He sticks out a hand and Brendon is quick to grab it.

"Brendon, and eh not too often."

"Same here." Emmett takes a sip of his drink, "The atmosphere is pretty comfortable."

Brendon takes a note of his skirt again, "Other men might take a swing at you in any other plain bar. Those fuckers have no respect." He takes a drink.

"Yeah exactly, but even here sometimes I get glances. It's not as bad, though."

Brendon turns his body to face Emmett, having his knees slightly touch his. Emmett turns a bit as well, so their legs are brushing against each other. The musician smirks, watching the man's energies beat warmer.

"Ah shit, I know we've only met, but you should come to my party." Brendon says. That would be the best place to feed, plus the more the merrier.

"I'm down for a party." Emmett grins

The musician takes out his phone, "Let's exchange numbers, yeah?"

"Definitely." The man replies, getting his phone out of a small purse.

They exchange numbers, and Brendon says, "It should be a good time, and don't forget your skirt." He winks.

Emmett raises his eyebrows, "Well since you like it." He leans in closer to the musician.

Before their lips can touch, Brendon dodges the kiss and his lips lightly graze the man's neck. He breathes in his scent; it's a light and sweet perfume.

Emmett giggles, "You're a tease."

"Mmm, yeah. Femininity is sexy on you." He whispers in his ear.

"Wanna take this to the back?" Emmett suggests. Suddenly, his phone rings, "Ah hold on." The man gets up from the bar and walks a few feet away to take his call.

Oh, we might take it somewhere eventually, Brendon thinks. He finishes his drink and after about a minute, Emmett comes back with a disappointed look on his face.