Chapter Five

The next school day was awful to begin with

The next school day was awful to begin with. I'd stayed up all night since knowing I'd be handcuffed to Aomine. It would be a day to ourselves. Only issue is how classes went. We had completely different classes, all in which visitors were prohibited. I couldn't miss any, yet I knew I might have to.

I'd ran out my door for the bus when I saw a familiar truck pull up. Stopping I walked over to it, looking through the open window.

"Aomine? What are you doing here?" He looked away, pointing to the seat. I knew what he was trying to say, even though he failed, miserably. He drove off as soon as I was in and buckled, I only hoped my mother or father didn't see me get in the car and think I was kidnapped. But hey, everyone has an imagination, am I right?

Aomine drove with all focus on the road, no music, no talking. But that's not what I liked.

"So how's the whole class thing gonna go? We have no classes together." He shrugged.

"Really? Just a shrug? I'm so screwed if my mom finds out I miss a single minute of class, and she has ways. I'm so grounded, and they'll never let me hang again." He sighed, reaching one hand over and turning my head to face him.

"You'll be fine, okay? We'll find someway, okay? Okay?" I nodded, leaning back in the seat. My face was in a pouting position, which made Aomine chuckle.

"Why you laughing?"

"Cause you're to damn cute." My face turned red just as his did from my reaction. The rest of the ride was in silence.

We pulled into the parking lot, my small hands struggling with the huge seatbelt. By the time I'd gotten it off, Aomine was opening my door for me. His truck was huge, no joke. He had to help me out of it, since knowing me, I'd fall from it and hurt myself. I knew I was a cluts.

"So who cuffs us and where?" Aomine shrugged.

"The shrugging? again? Use your voice... Please. It's the only thing that can calm me at this point. He sighed. We both were nervous about this day. Who wouldn't be?

Riku was waiting by my locker, a pair of cuffs in her hand. When me and Aomine saw them, we almost decided to run for it, but it might have been useless on my end, since I'm the weakest one, other than Kuroko.

"You all ready? You should be, since you came together in Aomine's car."

"Are you stalking me now?"

"Don't be ridiculous, why would we? It's not like we think you'll run away, or fake sick or anything..." I almost laughed, they knew each other well.

Next thing I knew we were on the roof together bound by metal. He  was used to skipping classes, but this was my first and my nerves were way off edge. He'd noticed, helping me up the ladder where I had first met him.

"Brings back memories."

"Memories of how you almost fell?" I frowned at him. He was careless with his words, yet they hit me in such a good way.

"So do you just sleep all day?"

"Got a problem with that?"

"Didn't say I did... Jeez, don't attack me tiger." We both let out a chuckle, sitting on the ground together.

"You really like it up here don't you?" He nodded.

"Its a place I can get quiet. My household is falling apart from the inside, so whenever the idiots get together, I join them. Anything to get away from crazy people."

"Shame, now you're stuck to one for the whole day you'd have quiet." He frowned.

"Don't think that way. You are a beautiful person, both inside and out. No matter what, don't forget it." I smiled at him.

"I wont."

The whole day we spent on that roof lying in the clouds and sun as they moved on. But for us, we would love this moment forever. As he laid their asleep, I laid next to him. And to think it all started from the man almost killing me. Funny how life works, even if for only a moment.