Chapter four

POV: Jessica 

I stared into space, my room still covered in darkness. I looked at the clock. 5:47 am. I layed there for a little while longer till I decided I wasn't going back to sleep anytime soon. I got up, took a shower.

I had four hours till I had to meet Shay. (She told me to start calling her that, she said she hated her real name.) I looked around Eric's and my room. There was a pizza box on the table from the night before, clothes thrown everywhere. Even a pear of underwear! (And it wasn't mine.....) 

Eric was asleep on the couch. He had been there ever since she got back last night. Last night... I almost forgot what happened. Shay had kissed me. She KISSED me. Usually I'm the one who makes the first move, she kissed me first andheld my hair first. When I'm with her I just don't know what to do. She makes me so nerves, and-and I think I might be in love with her... 

I got rely bored and decided to go outside for a walk. It was cold, almost below zero. But I didn't notice that much. My mind was on Jammie. He red hair, her blue eyes. I just couldn't wait till the morning. I found myself walking towards the cabin she was staying at. I got there and just stood. What was I suppose to do? Walk up to the door knock, and when her mom or dad answers say 'Sorry I know it's 5 am but I was wondering if I could talk to Jammie.' Yeah that's one way to impress parents. I turned around to walk back to my room when I heard the front door open. I was prepared to tell whoever it was a lie as to why I was standing in front of there cabin. It was Jammie. She was so beautiful, her hair thrown up in a pony tail. 

"Jess?" 

"Hey." I forced a laugh, this was complectly awkward.

"What are you doing out here so early? It's freezing." She shivered. I hesitated. Whatshould I say? The truth?

"I couldn't sleep, so I was walking around and I remembered how you said this was the cabin you were staying at... so I was gonna see if you were awake..." I stop talking, I was making a compleat fool of myself! She must have thought I was a total loser. Instead she started laughing.

"Wait right here, let me put something warmer on. I'll be right back." 

POV: Jammie 

I silently went into my room to change.

Everyone was still fast asleep when I walked out side again. Jess was looking up at the snow falling. She was so cute. I walk up beside her and grab her hand. She just looks at me and smiles.

"Where do you wanna go?" I say.

"The tree house?" She asks. I just smile, and she starts walking. I lost track of time. We danced and sung. It was so magical the snow that had blown in through the window of the tree house became weapons in a snow ball fight. We were singing along to Escape The Fate when the sun started coming up. We decided to head back to the lodge and get some coffee and breakfast. I got a mocha latte, Jess got a plain coffee with some creamer. 

"So what do you want to do now?" Jess asked as we sat down on one of the couches. 

"I don't know. What about you any ideas?"

"We could go snowboarding."  I didn't say anything. I remembered at that moment the first time we meant she had a snowboard, she was a sporty chick.... that I was not. I didn't even know how to stand up on a snowboard better yet ride. She looked at me, a smile on her face. I just shook my head.

"I don't know how to ride." She looked shocked.

"Rely, well I could always show you." 

"You would be wasting a lot of time. I suck at anything that has to do with sports." 

"Oh, come on. It'll be fun." She grinned at me, I was so gonna die. I hesitated thinking of my options, disappointing Jessica, or embarrassing myself. I chuckled as  she smiled even bigger. 

"I'm taking that as a yes?!" 

"Yes." I laughed as she jumped up pulled me to my feet, and tugged me to the door. This is going to be a long afternoon.

We got snowboards, I didn't have a board so I borrowed Jess's and she used her brothers. We got up to the slopes and man where they big. 

"Okay," Jess turned to look at me, "first you need to know how to stand on your board." 

"Stating the obvious I see." I gave her a mocking grin. 

"Oh, shush it! Okay, now lay your board down for a sec. Lets try some positions off the board so you know what to do when we start riding." 

I had absolutely no idea what I was doing and from the look on Jess's face said she knew it to. She walked over and showed me what I was suppose to look like in the resting position. Standing in the snow doing weird positions was one way to total look like a freak, past Jess I saw a group of two girls and tree guys laughing and pointing at us. Before I meet Jessica I would have stopped what I was doing at pretend I didn't know her, but now I just didn't care what anyone thought about what I was doing. As long as Jess was there. We practiced the positioning a couple more times then she said I could try getting on the board but not to try to ride 'cause I'd just fall on my face. Some confidence she has in me.

I was actually pretty good with my stances. We started to ride down small hill's, I still fell.... .-.

Jess wouldn't stop laughing, every time I even stumbled she broke into a giggle. But by the end I was getting a hang of it. 

We had started to walk to the lodge and Jess was talking about some trip her and her brother had gone on that summer. Her brother had come by and told her he wasn't gonna be staying in there room tonight. Eric is one busy guy. 

When we had gotten to the lodge we ordered some drinks and went outside to the lookout. The sky had just started to set so the sky was full of color. 

"What are you thinking about?" Jess's hand found mind. 

Without turning to her I said, "I'm glad I got to know you, Jess, you are the most perfect girl I have ever met. And I think I may-" I hesitated, did I love her? I turned to her now, her brown eyes looking in to mine, and I knew the answer. "I love you" I didn't mean for it to come out as a whisper. She let go of my hand and cupped my face, her gloves warm on my face. We kissed, not just a regular kiss, but one of those earth shattering kisses you see on sappy love movies. I never got how the moment could be that amazing, now I knew. 

The sun started to fall when we went back into the lodge. There were people everywhere it was so crowded, Jess got pushed in to a guy standing to one of the couches. He turned around, and my whole world slammed in on me.

"Jason...."