i n t r o

b a r r y

All my life, I've been running. Running from what I thought was the impossible- impossible to change, impossible to defeat, impossible to resist.

I had no idea that one day, I would become the impossible. I would become The Flash.

To the outside world, I'm just an ordinary forensic scientist- nothing special; just another piece of sky in the complicated jigsaw puzzle of Central City. But secretly, with the help of my friends at Star Labs, I use my speed to fight crime and find others like me.

So what's the motive? You might see superheroes in comics, and in movies, and wonder- why are they doing all this?

But not all of us look at the heroes. Some of us look at the villains. As a kid, I spent long hours wondering- why did they commit the crimes that they did? What was their motive?

Why did the man in the yellow mask kill my mother?

I spent years hunting down the man who killed my mother, collecting every scrap of evidence there was. Soon enough, I realised evidence was about as useful as a gun without a trigger.

We were dealing with a force more powerful than anyone the world has seen before.

And I was- and am- the only one fast enough to stop him.

I am The Flash.