The Surprize!

Helloo, everyone! I hope you people are doing good. So here the first chapter of my very first book. Feel free to point out the mistakes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Khadija's Point of view

The bell rang and finally Math's class was over. It's not like I hate it. Mr. Kamal Khan is not a bad teacher too but he's not a good one either. His knowledge of the subject is sort of praiseworthy but his wrath has earned him ill-reputation. He is one of the teachers who wouldn't even understand if you need to go to the loo, he would consider you as a liar thinking of ways to bunk or meet your girlfriend/boyfriend.

I hadn't realized that the room was now empty and everyone had dispersed into the hall walking towards the cafeteria. Mustafa, who was standing by the door, threw a piece of rubber at me. Oh, these childish people. Now that we are in our late teens and have tons of responsibilities, wouldnt hurt acting a bit mature. Without saying much, we walked down the hall and to the cafeteria. Mustafa is one of those people who wouldn't say much but when in mood your stomach will ache with laughter around him.

Noor-ul-ain and Shehryar were already waiting for us on our lunch table. Yes our, we have been sitting there from the first day. Today I bought an apple and a sandwich while Mustafa went with his everyday's donut with chocolate drizzling, a pizza slice and pineapple juice. Yes, he eats this much and still remains hungry but oh well. We went to our table and greeted the two.

"Hey," I said cheerfully.

"Hii babe, sup?" Noor replied with the same enthusiasm. Eyeing Mustafa she added, "What's wrong with you, my baby brother?"

"Don't call me that," Mustafa gasped throwing one of her fries in his mouth. They are cutest twins somebody will ever meet. Noor was born on 12th October at 3:48 a.m., Mustafa came 7 minutes later. Shehryar, who was silent the whole time, passed me a half-hearted smile as I sat down next to him opposite the twins.

"Are you alright, Shery?" I inquired carefully, using his nickname and making me sound curious and caring at the same time. I was so done with my studies, I wasn't sure if I could handle somebody else's problems too.

"Nothing much, sista'. You will see for yourself tomorrow," he told me normally chewing his food. I was sort of worried with the two boys acting weird. I mean why people these days blame girls for being drama queens, boys are no less.

The break ended soon and the rest of the day wasn't that bad. Two of the boys were quiet during the lessons. I got plenty of work in political science, which I took as a side subject. Sir Ali made it quite clear that he was to tolerate no late works and this could affect my percentage so I had no time for any other drama. I was supposed to go home with Shery today so I hurriedly packed my things and went to his class. He greeted me first this time.

"How was your P.S.? Btw, don't you take my words seriously," he sighed.

"P.S. was fine. What words?" I questioned, not knowing what he actually was talking about.

" In the break..."

Aww. He's such a cutie. He really knows what and when to say something. He's the actual definition of friend. I mean, I don't understand how people tolerate others making fun of them 24/7 and then calling them your friends.

"let's go, daydreamer," he sang bringing me back from my swooning.

My mother was in her kitchen garden when we reached home. She has a passion for growing herbs and vegetables and then she makes us eat them. She saw us and welcomed Shery enthusiastically.

"Hello, my baby. It's been long and you have gotten slim. Why kids these days are so conscious?" My mom began joyfully.

"Haha, auntie. I missed you, very honestly. You bake me no cake, I got slim," he childishly chuckled, "anyway, I have to go. We are expecting some guests tonight. Take care."

"Oh, okay. Good bye," my mom and I waved good bye and went inside.

The car went away speeding. "Did dad come early?" I pointed at the parked car. It was all dirty; my dad needs to hire a driver and stop procrastinating. We were not those burger people or big cheese of the town but we were well off. For a family of four, we owned a two-storey house and a corolla. My brother and I studied in the top schools, wore and had the best things. We would even show-off sometime, I mean who wouldn't.

"Yeah, he came early. Oh, I totally forgot he's been asking for a cup of tea. Can you please do that for me, honey?" she was very polite so I actually considered it.

"Dad, I am home. The day was fine thanks for asking. Yes, I love you too. And your tea would be ready, just give me a few minutes," I finished. Its not like we talk like that but its fun sometime. Plus, I wasn't in the mood to have a conversation.

"Kayy," was all I heard back. My dad actually knows when I really don't want a conversation. My mom entered the kitchen; I was already pouring tea in the cups. She thanked and took them in the lounge.

"When will you hire a driver? I have reminded you several times. I have to go to the talor," my mom lectured furiously.

"Ah, it ain't that easy, woman. I have numerous other things to do too; not free like you" he argued. I could sense the heat buildup.

"Not now, please," I begged running with my backpack to my room. I changed into something presentable, grabbed my books and ran back downstairs. I wouldn't want the twins to wait for me. Plus, I am not like most girls who would take hours to dress up, I mean presentable is fine. Downstairs the environment had completely changed. My parents were sitting close together watching an old bollywood movie featuring Salman Khan and Madhuri. I guess it was "hum apke hain kaun." My mother's head was on my dad's shoulder while he kept his arm her shoulder. Nobody would think they were fighting like 10 minutes earlier. I heard the horn and ran outside shouting good bye and not really disturbing them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hope you like it people, I will update soon.