Chapter 3

The ride pulls to a sudden halt. As we turn around the corner I can see Mason and his sister, I think her name's Anastasia, laughing at a picture from the ride.

Ivy and I get off the ride and walk over to meet them.
"Your photo, my god it's the best!" Mason says laughing at Ivy and mine's ride photo.
"Oh my god, Blair it looks like you've dislocated your jaw in it!" Ivy says pointing at it and laughing. I have to admit it is pretty funny, my hair had flown back in a tangled mess, my eyes wide open and my mouth the size of a snakes before it eats a whole antelope! Well good start!

"So? I bet yours is just as bad!" I say looking for Mason's photo. But of course it's not as bad. In fact it's really good, his hair is swept to the side of his face and his eyes are squeezed shut. How? How does someone get a photo that good on a ride? I never manage to get a good photo!

"So, let me introduce us as my friend here seems to have forgotten that you have no idea who we are." Ivy says gesturing to me. I start to blush, looking down at the ground.
"This is Blair Hush, she's my best friend, dances, acts, good in most lessons and.... Aw Hush has a blush!" She finishes laughing, I hit her arm playfully.
"This annoying one is my best friend Ivy Steward . She's a swimmer, acts and has the best English skills! Oh and she's really annoying sometimes!" I say laughing. Mason looks at his little sister and nods his head, gesturing for her to introduce herself.

"I'm Anastasia Flint. I'm Mason's little sister, I'm 10." She says looking at the ground and fiddling with the sleeves on her jumper. I crouch down to her height so I can see her face.
"Hi Anastasia! It's really nice to meet you. I love your shoes!" I say smiling. It's true, she has on black and bright blue trainers. She looks at me and smiles.
"Well, I love your make up, it's so creepy!" She says beaming at me. I stand back up and look at Mason. He's looking at his sister, smiling.
"Oh, and I'm Mason Flint. I'm 16. And that's about it" he says smiling at me. Yay! He's he same age as us. Wait, we didn't tell him our age! Ivy realises and tells him that we're both 16. Thank god she's here!

"So what are you guys going to do now?" I ask Mason. I wonder if I can get away with doing some more rides with him?
"I'm we were going to go and do 'Oblivion', and work our way up to 'The Smiler'." He says looking at Anastasia for approval. She nods and gulps looking scared.

"Well we were just heading round there to do 'The Smiler', if you don't mind, we could tag along? We've done all the rides before." I say. I mean it's a good excuse to spend more time with Mason. And I mean it's always good if you can look after their younger siblings. They can put in some good words about you!

"That sounds so good! Please Mason! Please!" Anastasia says jumping up at down begging her brother.

"Sure, if the girls don't mind? It would be great." Mason agrees nodding his head.

"Great so, let's go!" Ivy says turning around and running off. Anastasia looks at me and her brother, does a mini smile smirk then runs off after Ivy.

Wait. She had the same smirk as Ivy..... No. Not two of them! I can't handle two of those smirks!

Mason just looks at me and shakes his head laughing. We walk along following the path Ivy and Anastasia took. We get about half way to the next sector and see both of them leaning against a railing panting. Well, Ivy will sleep well tonight!

Laughing, we walk over to them.
"She is really fast! I set off way before her and she managed to catch up to me and keep up!" Ivy says panting. Anastasia pats her head in a sarcastic sympathetic way. Ivy gives her a mocking glare back.

"Come on you two we need to get over there fast! It's lunch so everyone will be eating and the lines will be smaller!" I say pulling Ivy and Anastasia behind me. I can hear Mason laughing in the distance, but soon enough he's quickly next to us walking along side.

As we walk into the 'X-Sector' (where 'Oblivion' and 'The Smiler' are based) and hear the loud screams of people as the drop on the rides and spin upside down. Anastasia looks at me with a terrified face but squeals and pulls me by my arm down the path to the line for 'Oblivion'.

----------

Soon we'd finished doing 'Oblivion' and 'The Smiler', and it was almost time for me and Ivy to go into the scare mazes. Somehow that made me now sad. I'd been looking forward to doing these for ages, I'd never done them before, but now the times come I don't want to leave Mason and Anastasia. I've only known them for a few hours but it feels like it's been years.

"I'm really sorry guys but we have to go meet our friends. They've just come out of the scare mazes, so it's or turn to go in." Ivy checking her text from Paige.
"Oh....Ok." Anastasia says looking at the ground.
"Hey, it's ok we'll meet you somewhere after if you want!l I say lifting her face with my finger.

"Blair, can I talk to you quickly?" Mason asks. I nod and we walk slightly away from the other two.
"I was wondering, would these other friends of yours be able to look after Anastasia? It's just I have tickets into the scare mazes as well, but she's to young to go in. We won the tickets in a contest, so I thought I'd take them as a just in case." Mason explains to me looking past me and at his sister every now and then. I smile and nod.

"That's fine, I'm sure the others won't mind, there's only three of them so it's an awkward number for the rides. And if you want, come in the mazes with me and Ivy. It's only us two and two's are scary in there! You're either at the front or the back!" I say smiling. This is perfect! Ivy wants to go at the front, so I can go in the middle with Mason behind me! Then when I get scared I can huddle up to him! It's so romantic! Well if you take away what I'm wearing and where we are..... Oh well! It's cute!

Mason thanks me and goes to talk to his sister about it. Anastasia agrees and we all walk over to the scare mazes exit, where Paige, Elodie, Florence and Aimee are stood waiting.

"Guys this is Anastasia and Mason," I say pointing at the siblings, "we were wondering if you could look after Anastasia while Mason goes into the scare mazes with me and Ivy?"
"Sure we will! You are so cute!" Florence says playing with Anastasia's hair.

Mason says good bye to Anastasia, making sure she has her phone on, and walks over to the entrance to meet me and Ivy.

"Well, who's ready to get scared?" Ivy says looking nervously up at the castle. This is going to either be really good or really really bad. I only hope it's really good!