Chapter Five

I haven't talked to Riley in several weeks. He leaves early in the morning and comes home late at night. He got his license some time back so he's probably out running around somewhere. I get mine at the end of the year. One good thing about having a boyfriend who happens to be a senior, is free rides.

Bryson and I have been together 5 months and I'm loving every second of it. He hasn't met my dad yet because he's always out late at work. Bryson usually comes over and makes sure that I eat and that everything is well. He's here quite a bit. Within my first month of dating him, he had asked if he could come over to talk. He told me his parents would be back home sometime soon and he wanted me to meet them. They kept postponing and they are just now coming back. It's the middle of June and my brain is fried.

"Lynn, it's not that bad. I promise. I made them promise to be on their best behavior." Bryson said as I sat on his bed. He had come to get me before taking a shower.

"I'm just nervous. What if they don't like me? Or what if they start asking personal questions that I can't or don't want to answer? I don't want to be rude to them and lie or tell them I don't want to talk about it. B, what if they don't want us together anymore? What if they have a problem with me being here? What if I'm not the pretty rich girl that they think I am? What if I don't meet their standards? Oh my goodness, so many what ifs!" I shout the last part as I flop back on his bed. I hear him laugh as he turns the shower off. He walks out in a towel before sitting beside of me and helping me sit up.

"You worry too much. You'll do fine. They'll love you." He said before kissing my nose.

"This is going to be a disaster!" I yell and throw myself back on his bed. He just laughs as he gets up and goes to his dresser before going to his closet. He opens the doors and drops his towel as he slides his boxers on. He goes into his walk in closet and comes out holding 3 shirts.

"Red, blue, or black?" He asks holding them up against his chest one by one.

"Blue. Don't forget pants this time alright?" I try to hold in the laugh and I see the back of his neck turn red as his back is to me.

"That was an accident." He mumbles.

"How do you go to school in your boxers? Please explain that to me." I say laughing.

"I have shorts that look just like them. I thought I fell asleep in them." I just continued to laugh. My stomach began hurting so I had to clutch it to make the pain go away but the laughing didn't help it.

"I hate you." He said as he pulled the blue shirt on and grabbing a pair of blue jeans to slip on before grabbing grey socks. I stopped laughing and looked at him with a straight face. He sat beside me to put his socks on but I moved away from him.

"I just took a shower, did I stink that bad?" He asks with a slight laugh. I just cross my arms.

"What got you in a mood?" He asks poking my side twice. I just stayed silent. I looked down and covered my face. I did a few fake sniffles and shook a little.

"Baby?" Bryson asked. "Are you crying?" He asked again. I didn't answer. I just continued with the sniffles and the fake crying sounds.

"Come on, you can't be crying. Stop faking it." He said again as he wrapped his arm around my waist. He pulled my hands away from my face.

"Shit, those are real tears. Baby, what's wrong? Did I say something? Babe, talk to me. Lynette please say something."

"I. Can't. Believe." I said between sniffles before pausing.

"Believe what? That I hate you? Baby I was kidding! You have to know I was kidding! I won't ever say that again baby I promise." He said.

"I can't believe." I paused again. "You fell for that." I whispered. It was just loud enough for Bryson to hear though.