Chapter One

My name is Nicole Harris and I'm what they would call a person that doesn't believe in love. I mean I love a good romance novel but honestly no man is going to be happy and I mean truly happy with one woman and vise versa, I have dating all the "types " of guys throughout my long 25 years, the womanizer who you think will change, the bad boy that your parents warned you about, nice guy who love watching the notebook with you, the cheater,jock,nerd, mysterious guy, down to earth, and compulsive liars which I think that's something all of them have in common. An I'm convinced that this is all to love being hurt I know everyone wants to be perfect and have everything to be perfect but love is the one thing that we love because its not perfect and if it was it would just be boring and kind of worthless, but It shouldn't be this hard. Trust me I want to believe in it but believing in love is like believing in Santa Clause after you see your parents put the presents under the tree and eat the cookies you sat out. No matter how many times they explain its not what it looks like you will never believe in it the same again.

Saturday Morning 7:30am

Beep, Beep, Beep

"Ugh" I say turning over to stop my annoying alarm reminding me its Monday and I have to go to work.

After about ten minutes of contemplating whether I really need this job I finally get up and go to get dressed. I work at a  coffee shop "yeah I know not very impressive but its only temporary  until I finish Veterinarian School" I've always wanted to help animals since I was sixteens years old and I started watching all those animal cruelty videos I even became a vegan well I'm still in transitioning pizza and steak are my weaknesses . As I finish putting on my clothes I realize I'm late and rushed out the house before even brushing my teeth.

"You're late Nicole! You were suppose to be here at 8:00 its 8:10"

"I know I'm sorry it wont happen again" 

"Yeah it better not because next time I wont be so nice"

I sign and walk to the back to clock inn man you really dont want to ever work for anybody especially when your only making 7.50 an hour.

I walk back to the front an clock in to my register after about four hours of dealing with impatient customers and a few order mistakes I finally take my break.

"Okay you can take 10 minutes because you were 10 minutes late and make sure you clock out for break"

"ugh" I say to myself and proceed to the back. After clocking out I get a call from from my friend Kelly.

"Hey. Whats up?"

"Nothing just calling what you doing?"

"I'm at work"

"O well what time you get off ?"

"3:30. why?"

"Oh good okay you wanna go get some drinks because my friend from work birthday is tonight and he having a little thing at his house you wanna go?"

"Yeah okay I'll text you when I get off alright"

"Yeah okay I'll see you later"

"Nicole you need to come back were getting backed up!"

"Alright,"

When I get back Its clear no one in here does there job except me because the place was super busy and no one look like they gave two F***s.

As things start calming down a guy walks in with a dog.

"Sir I'm sorry but you cant bring dogs in here." I say politely trying not to sound as tired as I actually was.

"Oh I'm sorry I'm not from here can I order and wait outside?"

"Uh... Yeah I guess I could bring it to you when its done" I say. "Who is it for?"

"Oh right um.. Scott is fine." He says trying to keep his dog tamed on the lease.

"Okay it will be ready in a couple of minutes"

As he walks out I place his order in.. After taking a couple more orders I take his vanilla smoothie out to him.

"Scott right?" I say walking up to him trying to stay in the shade

"Yeah ,Yeah. thanks so much, I hope I didn't get you in trouble with bring my dog and all." he says with a smile 

"Oh yeah no that's fine just next time try not to bring your dog in a restaurant."

"Yeah I will, hey.. would you be like free maybe  I would like to make it up to you."

"OH! no um I'm seeing someone.." I say trying not to be more awkward then I already am.

 As we sit in silence the awkwardness builds between us " Whats your dogs name?"

"River...I got a go thanks again he says handing me a twenty dollar tip before he runs off with his dog"

Thanks for Reading Chapter One I hope you enjoyed I will Make Chapters longer but I just wanted you to get a feel of the story Chapter Two will be Longer and have more details.

Follow me on my social media accounts@Totallytaty For Instagram, Snapchat,Youtube,And Twitter