Rural Ball Invitation

Waking up every morning feeling exhausted is not the best feeling, but I should be used to the feeling by now. Every morning I have to wake up at seven a.m. because I have to help make breakfast for my step mother and her two little devil daughters. You might be thinking that I'm helping my step mother, Lori out, but no. I have to help Glinda. Lori hired her to be the chief after the last one quit. Peggy was really nice, but she couldn't take anymore of Lorie's drama so after about two weeks she quit. Glinda's not like that. She is sweet and thoughtful and if you get on her nerves she will still always be kindful back even though you didn't deserve it. 

As I was setting the table I could hear my step sisters come down the stairs. They sounded like a pack of wolves trying to survive a gun shot. Sorry that was a harsh and nasty thought, but it was true. They were wining the whole way down the stairs to the dining room. "Move! Get out of my way!" And then the other one would say, "No you move!" It gets annoying after a few years. I still don't get how their mother puts up with them. They both are twins. The tall one is named Brittney she is really sassy and always wants her way. The other one is named Sarah. She is just the same way. I call them the devil sisters because no matter what they do they always get what they want. "So Ariana what's on the menu today?" They always expect to be treated like princesses. "Well today you're going to be eating pancakes with a side of oatmeal." No matter what I made they would always complain. Brittney was the worst complainer I've ever met. "Ew! Oatmeal is disgusting! I want something else." She said while crossing her arms. I've had enough of their nonsense!"Look I'm not going to make you something else and neither is Glinda. So sit down and enjoy this meal because you eat oatmeal all the time." They stare at me and don't say a word. As I was about to leave the room to get cleaned up I could hear Lori walking down the stairs in her most expensive heels. "What seems to be the problem?" I was about to speak but then Brittney spoke over me, "Ariana made oatmeal again and she knows we hate oatmeal." Lori always sides with the girls, so I knew I was gonna get bashed with a punishment. "Ariana, you know the girls hate oatmeal, so would you be so kind enough to make them something other than that from now on?" I nodded my head and went to go get their dishes with the oatmeal. As I was picking up the last bowl Lori shouted, "Girls were going to the rural ball tonight!" I turned so quickly to look at Lori and said, "really!?" She stepped forward so her face was about five inches from mine and said, "I'm sorry, but you're not invited. There was only three invitations and you know I have to put my two biological daughters before anyone else." I nodded my head and went into the kitchen to clean up. 

I was so upset. They always go to parties every night. I just wished for once they would take me. I started to cry on the cutting board table. Glinda walked in and said, "oh honey don't be upset." I lifted my head to look at her. Still tears were falling from my eyes. I said, "the rural ball comes once a year. Before my dad died no one ever wanted to go to that except me. I was always the one asking to go not them!" My head fell back down and more tears started to fall. Glinda ran over to me and started hugging me. Now I was crying about two things. One about missing my father and the second was about the ball. Glinda stopped hugging me and took something out of her back pocket. "I found this in the garbage earlier. I thought it might of been yours." I looked up and saw the invitation letter. I stood up so fast and basically jumped on Glinda practically almost knocking her down. "Okay. Okay. Haha. Here take this and go get ready for that ball!" I hugged her one last time and ran to my room. I was excited and nervous at the same time. The one question that really bugged me was if Lori and the twins would catch me at the ball.