Homecoming

It had been six years since Nicky had been in Charming. After her mother died when she was only eight years old, she had spent her summers here under the care of her mother's brother, Elliott Oswald. Her father was usually busy with work and paid no mind to her. Which was why the summer arrangement had been made. Growing up, she would over hear stories from her uncle on the crime that lurked about the small town. It was all brought on by a "biker gang", as he put it, called the Sons of Anarchy. Nicky had never witnessed them with her own eyes. Despite the many months and years she had spent in Charming, she never conversed with a single soul outside her family. In fact, Nicky had never even left Elliott's property. Her time in Charming was constricted to only the land he owned and no where farther. He thought of it as a way to protect his young niece from a stray bullet in a drive by, or some other madness brought on by Samcro.

Secretly, Nicky was intrigued by the group growing up. She could remember all the nights she stayed up, sneaking around near Elliott's study, just to eavesdrop on his phone conversations about them. Nicky found that danger to be quite interesting. It was a big deal considering she grew up in New York City. Not the 'scary New York City', but the 'glamorous New York City'. Manhattan to be exact. Charming was an entire different universe from her life back home. She went to a private school, got driven everywhere in a private vehicle, and lived in a private building. Everything about her life was a big secret, under a radar of her father's security. Life was dull, and Samcro was her excitement. Even if it only lasted two months a year.

Once Nicky struck the age of eighteen and graduated high school, she ventured out into the real world and went to college. She moved to Baltimore, Maryland to attend John Hopkins University and get away from her father's watchful eye. Six years later, with a Masters in nursing, she ends up back in Charming. With the help of her well connected uncle, she receives her first nursing job at St Thomas, and that is where the story begins.

New story. Let me know what you think (: