{ disclaimer // prologue; }

DISCLAIMER: I don't think this really needs to be said, but okay. I don't own any of the recognisable people in this story, nor do I own any recognisable companies. Yada, yada... You know the drill. :) Please don't steal this plot, it's all completely from my brain. Should there be a similar story posted before this one, don't assume that I stole it or copied it. It's purely coincidential.

⋆★ AVALON PIERCE ★⋆

   Most people have their whole lives planned out by the time they're a senior in high school. They all say that they want to become a doctor or a lawyer or something practical. Me? I'd much rather be on the stage, doing something I loved. I don't care if it seemed nearly impossible or unlikely. I'd rather spend my life chasing my dreams than be stuck behind a boring desk doing something I hated.

   You only live once, right?

   My mother wasn't too happy about this, especially when I turned 18 and graduated. I immediately moved out of the house and set out to Los Angeles with my best friend, since she would be attending UCLA anyway. My best friend supported my dream and always pushed me to reach for the stars. She was the reason why I posted my first YouTube video, covering Momma Knows Best by Jesse J. The video was an instant hit -- unfortunately, I didn't get discovered like Justin Bieber. What a bummer.

   My father was a lot different from my mother and best friend. In public, he would brag about how I was aiming to go to UCLA along with my best friend for web designing and computer graphics, but there was always a part of him that knew I was just bluffing whenever I spoke those words. He always knew that music and acting were my two major strengths -- something that I liked to do and was actually good at. In fact, he was the one who secretly handed me enough money to start a life in Los Angeles (so long as I promised to visit often, since it was only six hours away from their house).

   Life in Los Angeles was tougher than I initially thought, though I instantly adapted. I worked as a make-up artist in the local MAC store (since make-up was my second love; I nearly went to beauty school rather than Los Angeles), and spent my days off working on a demo to send to a record company, hoping they'd find me interesting enough to sign.

   Of course I thought about auditioning for the X-Factor, the Voice, and such (but not American Idol, because nothing ever happens when you win American Idol). I just never acted upon it because I'd much rather work to the top by myself, rather than depending on a show to do it for me. After all, I learned that sometimes, they edit the episodes to turn someone into the bad guy and I don't need that added stress on my shoulders. I already know what I want to be, who I want to be, and how to get there. I don't care if I have to play dirty, I just need to be a name worth remembering. Avalon Pierce, the blonde bombshell with the killer voice. I need this.

⋆★ LOUIS TOMLINSON ★⋆

   The sky was turning a beautiful shade of pinkish-orange, letting me know that it was setting. I sighed, realising that I should get back on the bus, but I couldn't help but grasp onto the fresh air as long as I could. It'd been a terrible few weeks, and endless amounts of questions asking if I were okay didn't make it any better.

   Probably because I had no idea how to answer it.

   I'm not sure if I was okay. I was heartbroken -- that I know of. It wasn't much of a surprise, though. My girlfriend and I had gotten into a massive fight and her last words to me were "I hate you; I wish I had never met you." It was pretty harsh, and it's not something I liked to think about.

   The media went crazy with the information, loving a juicy story. I honestly just wanted some privacy. I can't handle the break-up and stupid rumours on why we broke up. Some of them were just downright ridiculous.

   Kicking a pebble, I shoved my hands in my pockets, hoping that everything would just die down so I could enjoy my break in peace. The boys and I were off tour, and no album would be released until a while later, since Midnight Memories would be released this month. I smiled softly at the thought. Even though my love life was fucked up, at least I still have my career.

   Though I can't help but feel like something's missing. Or someone.