22

DEREK POV

I walked to a flower shop on my way back from Caleb's house. I needed so badly to ask bailey the question that's been going through my mind.

I walked in the flower shop and saw roses. A while back she told me they were her grandma's favorite flower and there hers now.

Flashback

We sat in the grass near a lake. We sat in silence as I picked grass.

It was May 16 and me and Bailey were just getting to know each other.

"What's your favorite flower?" She asked looking at me.

"Daiseys. You?"

"Roses. They used to be my grandma's favorite and now there mine." She said as I looked at her. She had a tear running down her face.

End of flashback

After buying the Rose I walked to her house. I knocked on the door and she answered.

"Bailey can I ask a question?"

"Yeah/"

"Can I come in?"

That wasn't my question but it was dark. And kinda chilly.

" Ok, will you be my date to prom next week." I asked

She looked at me utterly shocked as I gave her the Rose. Instead of taking it she engulfed me in a hug. "Yes, I'll be your date." She whispered.

She pulled away and took the rose.

I got the girl if my dreams to go to prom with me! Sounds like I'm using her so she can see me sick faces with another girl but no. That's not it.