Hawke 73

An amended version of this section updated July 2020.

In June 2020 I become aware that this section is incorrect, I will try to explain how this error was made below. I have decided to leave this section in as it adds to the overall story and it is a fascinating error followed by a one in million chance.

When I did my research in 2012, I could never find any info regarding the division that David joined after his initial spell in Grenville.

I based the whole Hawke 73 theory on photos found of someone that was a spitting image of David online. I then found multiple photos of "David" and they were all evidence that he joined Hawke 73.

I have recently been contacted by someone who was in Hawke 73, he highlighted that the dates didn't match and he didn't remember anyone called Gale in his class!

On looking at this again I had in fact made a large error, the person we thought was David in all of the photos below was in fact someone else. 

This person looked like David for sure, but not as David at this age. (if you compare the Grenville photo in the previous section).

An even stranger one in million chance thing happened, the person who contacted me was in fact the person that we thought was David!

So I would like to thank Colin Parratt for highlighting the error, and then going on to give lots of information regarding the actual truth.

Colin has been a great help in pointing me in the right direction, as I restart my research in finding out the truth.

Thank you Colin.

The first event recorded in David's Naval record was on the 16th of September 1953, he passed his PTT swimming qualification.

This test involved swimming three lengths of the swimming pool whilst wearing a boiler suit but stopping halfway through and treading water for three minutes all unassisted. If the PTI instructor was satisfied you passed and it was entered into your record.
David passed on the 16th of September as shown in his record signed by R.A West.