Aloof

Hanji wondered why Erwin often sought moments of solitude. It wasn't the first time she'd come to his office and find her boss absent. On this particular day, Hanji searched and searched until finally finding him on the roof of the seventy-story building by the railing catching a smoke.

She clutched on to the files she planned to present, telling herself how she should have left them on his desk as she usually did.

"Zoe?"

She flinched.

"Sir?"

"Erwin is fine." He said after an exhale of smoke. "Are those the files I needed?"

"Yes sir-I mean..."

"If it feels uncomfortable for you, that's fine."

She had felt admiration for him for a time. Calling him causally as the others did feel out of place for the moment.

"Do you have some time? I've been meaning to have a word with you." Erwin asked.

Hanji walked up to him. A wind blew, carrying the second hand smoke smack into her face.

"Arg, crap..." He muttered turning off his smoke. "Sorry about that."

"I'll survive.." Hanji replied. "Do you want it now, or would you rather that I drop it off on your desk?"
"I'll take it." He said receiving the files.

"So, what to you need from me?"

"I just want to talk to you, if that's okay." Erwin said honestly. "You seem like an interesting person. But your usually have your head buried in into you work. So it was hard to find the the right moment to approach you."

Hanji found her face heating up. "Well... I'm all ears..

Erwin smiled.