I Spoke Too Soon.

Hey there! See I told you I want to continue this story(: So here's the second chapter for Miss Independent!:D And I need your help, after you read this chapter, can you please give me some suggestions for a music video??(: Please I need your help!!D: Hope you like it! Oh and don't forget! Vote, comment, and fan!!! Pleaseeee do it for me!:D

Love Stephanie(:

P.S. What do you think of Chad Michael Murray playing Daniel??(;

********************************************************************************************************************

Nikki POV: 

     "Liam just shut up for one minute!" I yell at my best friend since high school, Liam Richards. Liam has been there for me since I lost my family when we were sophmores in high school. He's seen me at my worst and has helped me get through my darkest hours. Both Liam and I wanted to move to New York and we did just that.  While I am a lawyer, Liam is a successful business man. He inherited his father's business and has created a name for him on Wall Street. I love him like he's my brother but sometimes I wish I had more girls for friends. "Look I'm not going to answer that question," I say as I take a sip of my wine. 

     "Well excuse me but c'mon the way you talk about this Daniel guy he sounds hot." He winks at me.  

     I scowl at him, "How do you get that out of everything I've said?" I ask in shock at his stupidity. This whole night we've been here all I've done is complain about Daniel. Today was the longest day and I couldn't wait to leave the office. Daniel would critique every little thing I did or he would try and make it look like I was inexpierienced.  When I went for my lunch I come back to find him in my office again and then he complained that I was late. I was only late by two minutes though, two freaking minutes!

   "Well you do realize this is the most I've heard you talk about a guy in what six years, since Caleb." He states as he leans back in his chair. 

   I instantly freeze, "What does he have to do with anything?" I spit at him.  "I hadn't even metioned Caleb." After Liam's statement I think I have lot my appetite.  "It's been six years since Caleb walked out of my life."

  Liam cuts me off, "And yes, ever since Caleb you feel you don't need a man in your life. You need to get over this fear you have. You'd be a knockout you know that Nik." He says.

   "I am not scared of men, I just, I don't need one. Look at this," I wave my hands around indicating the view and the city, "I have done this all by myself. I have you and Melanie." Luckily, at this moment the waiter interrupts and places our food in front of us.  I look at the pasta I ordered, not very hungry.

   Can my day get any worse? I didn't think it could but you know what they say "I spoke too soon."

   "Nicole? Is that you? Fancy seeing you here," I look up to see Daniel grinning at me. 

   "Hello Daniel," I say quietly.  I turn back to see Liam smirking at me. Oh God! What did I do to deserve this?! "This is my friend Liam. Liam this a colleague of mine." I mumble.  Liam stands up to shake his hand. 

   "Hello Daniel, I've heard a great deal of things about you," Liam says. I glare at him as I kick him under the table with my heel pointed towards him.  "Ouch! Dammit! He sits down and holds his shin in pain. This brings me some satisfaction but when I look up to see Daniel it disappears. 

   "Oh you have Liam? It figures, because no one can resist me right Nikki?" He smiles at me. 

    I roll my eyes at this but reply, "Well true but it wears off after you speak." I grin up at him.