Claira's Heart

This story is about my best friend Claira and her Heart! Now, I'm not talking about the kind that beats in a person chest, I'm talking the kind when someone really wants something. Claira had a heart for soccer.

In our PE class was where it all started. Our teacher introduced us to soccer. Claira fill in love with soccer and she was really good at it too.

After school that day she went right home and asked her parents if she could join a soccer team. They said, no because they could not afford it. See Claira's family had six kids in it.

Claira didn't start to feel sorry for herself, instead she came up with an idea to earn the money for herself. She went around the neighborhood and asked every day after school if she could help with yard work letting them know it was to earn money for her to play on a soccer team.

Sometimes it would take her forever to get done, some of the jobs where gross I thought, like picking up dog poo or cleaning gutters. It never bothered Claira, though she was always just so grateful because every dollar for any job put her that much closer to her goal and that was AWESOME to her. Claira had heart.

Everyday Claira would practice. She kicked the ball to and from school. At lunch time she would join a game or practice new drills she learned in PE. At night Claira would dream about soccer. Claira had heart.

Anytime we played soccer in PE Claira made sure to listen to learn and not to just stay out of trouble for not following paying attention. Claira would be the first to try new moves and drills. She never worried if they would make her look silly or if she messed up.

She say, doing it was the best way to learn and make her better. She was always looking for the best way. Claira always gave it her all, giving more then 100% of her effort. It didn't matter if it was on or off the field. Claira had heart!

Soon Claira had earn enough money to join a soccer team. She was so excited. The neighbors saw how hard Claira had worked and together they bought her some new cleats. She wore them during her first game and the team won. Claira's dream came true all because Claira's Heart!

Do you have heart like Claira?
Here are a few things to look for that will help you have Heart like Claira:
-Always listen to learn
-show up and always give it your all
-never feel sorry for yourself and find away to make it happen.
-Look for better ways to improve
-practice, practice, practice
-BE GRATEFUL!