Mitchell

I lied down and let Mitch examine my wounds.

"So that's what you do?! Dress up and "kill" people?!"

"Nah, I don't kill..." He paused for a brief moment and pointed at the wig; "She does!"

"Why save me then?! Why let me live?"

"Because that would've been evil to let you die like that."

"Oh! Interesting! You "kill" people, and THAT is not evil?!"

"I don't hurt innocent people."

"You said I'm not as innocent as I seem!"

"I still do!"

He refused to make any eye contacts as he was so focused on stitching the injury on my face.

"Those I kill are not people; they are animals, savages...and they deserve it!"

His voice was almost breaking when he said those words; yet, he remained focused.

"Are they? Tell me then..who are these people you kill?!"

"You ask too many questions!"

"I'm a curious girl!"

He sighed; blinked nervously and stopped working at once. After a moment of silence-which seemed like 5 minutes to me-he finally looked me right in the eye. 

"Ok...here's the thing! I dress up as a woman, meet up with guys...and not random guys! Those jerks who wanna take advantage of people around them; those who hurt innocent women...those fucking rapists...those bastards...and.. I kill them! As simple as that! Happy now?!"

"And you expect me to believe that? What you're some kind of super-hero who kills the bad guys? "

"I suppose!"

I couldn't help laughing. 

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry... but..." I cracked again. And he just stood there, looking at me with a straight face.

I calmed myself down a little bit-especially because my face was hurting even more than before because of that laughter-and then sat right in front of him. 

"You are kidding, right?! I mean... no one does that! Why would you do that?!"

He was still looking me in the eye-straight faced.

"Why does it seem so weird to you?!"

"Cause that's what I do... I get paid to kill people!  And I know how that works!"

I wasn't even smiling while saying that. The situation was serious; way more serious than I first thought.

"Good for you!"; He then took his eyes off me and moved to the kitchen.

"Why did you save me? I'm no more than those "jerk"s you talked about..."

"I told you I'm not interested in knowing your story", he said, without even looking at me; "I don't care who you are, but those men, they were for sure the type I hunt for! Now I'm doing you a favor and letting you stay here till your wounds heal; and I want you to leave right after you recovered!"

"I'm not buying it!"

"What?!"

"You, being the hero you claim to be! Who are you really? I mean...I'm not gonna hurt you... tell me! You are a pro killer, hon! I'm in the business myself! I know a pro when I see one!"

"I just told you everything!"

"What you told me was you are an extreme feminist who kills BAD MEN!", I replied with a sarcastic tone.

He turned his head and looked me in the eye again. Wait, was he sobbing? I couldn't tell for sure...

"A woman I loved was raped and MURDERED in front of my eyes; and I swore I will have her revenge! That's what I'm doing! Having her revenge!"

Those words were covered in hatred and an indescribable thirst for revenge; and I could clearly hear that in his voice...

"I...I'm sorry...I had no idea..."

I did feel sorry for him. As someone who had lost her everything, I could feel sympathy for him. This boy somehow reminded me of myself... broken and lost... but with a desire for revenge! The strongest will in most humans... that keeps them going... makes them kill...makes them destroy... makes them become inevitable....indestructible... keeps them going, and won't let them stop till they see their victims drown in their own blood. Mitch had a desire to kill... I had a desire to kill...together we could be... inevitable! 

"Mitch..."

Keeping himself busy in the kitchen, he still refused to look at me directly.

"Mitch, help me!"