I'm sorry I didn't.

This is inspired by the tweet above (see the photo above).

Apparently, some are having troubles in looking for this update since I posted it separately. I've decided to add it here to make it easier for the readers who wanted a followup/guy's POV. No name for the guy, I'm sorry!

Let me know your thoughts, please comment and vote. :)

***

I'm sorry, I didn't.

It's just one smile -- one smile that I wouldn't forget and wouldn't be able forgive myself that easy because I know was the one who made it.

I became the worst of me and you had no choice but to leave. You didn't want to, though. I wouldn't forget how you held my hand as we sat and talk about "us". I wouldn't forget your deep breaths trying to keep yourself from crying. I wouldn't forget how your lips trembled when you tried to speak. I wouldn't forget the way you kept yourself when you told me you want out (of this relationship).

You looked at me like you never knew me at all, after all the years we've been together. You looked at me like I was a stranger who just did an awful thing. Maybe that was your defense, that was your way to act brave and strong in front of the man you love but you will leave later.

With every sniff and drop of tears, you said your goodbye. And I wouldn't forget how sad your eyes were more than your smile.

I wouldn't forgive myself because the woman I should be making happy, is smiling though she feels otherwise.

I watched you walk out, every click sound your heels made broke my heart. It didn't have to be this way, I could've done something to change things but I didn't.

I didn't, not because I wanted you out of my life. But because I wanted to save you from further misery. I am a mess, I needed a fix. My life's fucked up and yes, as bad as it sounds, I fucked "us" up.

Walking out of my life was the best decision you ever made. Because I know, you deserve something better than what I could give. Cliché, you deserve someone better than I.

I loved you and will always be grateful for being loved back by one amazing woman.

And I'm sorry if I didn't hug you when I wanted you to understand my story. I'm sorry if I ever did not hold your hand when you stood up after saying "goodbye". I'm sorry if I did not run after you when you walked away. I'm sorry I didn't call that night to beg you to come back. I'm sorry I never even did try.

I'm sorry if I didn't.

I'm sorry, I didn't.

***

Tweet me @erinxdizon if you think this deserves a full story ;)