005

first person

daniel

when philip showed me his world, i was amazed yet terrified. i didn't know such things like those existed in his world. those sculptures in the middle of a park, things called "gardens" where you take care of plants, and the wall art. i've also never seen those many colors in one place before. if philip's world became one with mine, the people of the world i live in will go insane.

philip showed me just the simplest things in his world that were probably the most complex things in mine. his world was insane with the clashing colors and the warmth of the city at night. his world was everything that i never wanted, yet i didn't want to let go of it just yet.

as i came through the mirror, i quickly turned it around so people won't be able to see me as nothing on the mirror. they'll quickly take it away because of its activities and i will never see philip again.

i realized that my world is so dull and pale compared to philip's. i wanted to change everything in my room now that i've seen what beautiful room philip has. i wanted paintings on my wall, fairy lights around my bed, a piano in my room... i wanted everything that philip's world has. i realized that my world is so dull and pale and i want a change.

chris came out of my bathroom and looked at me angrily. "where have you been all day? i've been waiting and waiting and i even locked your door and pretended i was talking to you so your parents wouldn't speculate your whereabouts!"

"chris, you're not gonna believe me, but i found something incredible that will change your entire mindset."