Chapter 12

"We must increase the prices", sous chef Will advised Dia, and she nodded, " Yes I understand that, but by how much?".

"If I may suggest Chef, how about by increasing it by 10 dollars on all items," Jhonny suggested, Martha looked concerned and said, "I don't think it's a good idea, what if they go to the next restaurant." Since Jhonny looked combative, Dia interjected, " I like Jhonny's idea, but I understand that we can't increase it directly by 10 dollars. How about we increase the price by five , everyone ?" Most of the staff nodded in agreement and patted Dia affectionately and then headed out to work for their respective chores.

Will remained behind and looked uncomfortable, and said, "Dia , umm .. Well no." Dia looked at him amused and said, "I'm sure you would feel better once you tell me."

"Right. So I was thinking we need a extra hand in the Kitchen, " Will seemed more hesitant than usual, Dia nodded his head, and he added, " I would like to refer my cousin. She basically had a tough time, but a wonder chef in the kitchen."

"What sort of tough time are we talking about Will ?", Dia interrogated, she faintly remembered Will complaining about his alcoholic cousin.

" Alcoholic problems", Will replied.

"You have to ensure that she will never be around the wine cellar. You will train her. But I want to see her asap.", Dia replied. For the first time she felt positive about reviving the cash balance for Rizzo.

"She's outside. I'll call her in.", Will went outside to retrieve his cousin. Dia realized she required printouts for the increased prices of the menu. She went to cashier desk, and accessed the menu files of the computer, updated the database with the new prices. As she saved her work, she found Will, and a rather pixie like girl standing in front of her with beautiful obsidian eyes and fiddling with her fingers.

Dia offered a warm smile and said, "I'm Dia, and you are ?"

"Jewel. My name is Jewel. I'm 25. I can cook pasta very well.", the pixie- haired girl answered.

"Is that so ? Then we have to test your skills, Pixie ", Dia countered.

Jewel groaned and mumbled, "I swear next time I'll get a better haircut."

Dia laughed and said, " Well that won't change a thing, I'll still call you Pixie. Will show her the kitchen. I want to see her magic pasta."

Pixie was a unpolished diamond. Dia herself was in a dizzy when she had the first bite of the creamy alfredo fetucinne. The flavours were unbelieveable. She had also prepared Mushroom ravioli, which was snapped up in minutes. She looked at Will and smiled and called ,"Pixie, those dishes were phenomenal. Have you ever cooked in a restaurant before ?"

"No I have not. But I did cook for the other people at rehab kitchen, roughly 100 people for lunch.", Pixie replied nervously, "Is it that difficult in a restaurant ?"

"Not really Pixie. Infact you'd be fine. So today we have two pastas by Pixie. I'll be doing the Crab creviche. Country style steak by Will. What about desserts ?"

"Flan and four fruit pie by me, " Lawrie's voice boomed. The staff rushed out and greeted him. Will was rather concerned, and said, " We will hold the fort Chef. Don't worry." Jhonny went on to add, "We also have Pixie now, so it will be good."

"I love the fact how all of you want me to rest. But I'm not retiring from this Kitchen, you hear me Jhonny boy.", Lawrie grinned, "Seriously though, I was getting bored sleeping in that room. Who is this Pixie ?"

Pixie came forward with a plate of pasta, Lawrie scrutinized the dish and the girl in front of her and said, "I know that pasta tastes good, if Jhonny calls you Pixie." Pixie was overjoyed. Lawrie  glanced at his clock and said, "Well we don't have time, come on everyone on to your stations. 2 hours into service."

When Lawrence turned around he found himself in front of a fuming dragon, Dia. By the unimpressed look, he understood, that he was in great trouble, so he said, "Well your mother did throw me out of the house, all because I said the soup could be better, and there was no croutons either." Dia was stunned, and Lawrie did notice a slight smile, until she could not resist and broke off into her trademark giggling.

Fifteen minutes before the service time, Lawrie was yanked off from the kitchen by a furious Neeta. Neeta also managed to plonk the freshly printed menu with the price changes, Martha quickly arranged them in the menu files. By half past twelve, service was in full swing, Rizzo saw a slew of high profile customers walking in, Dia felt that the decision to raise the price could not have been done on a better time.

"2 Creviche. 1 steak. 1 Alfredo", Jhonny announced and then went on to add, " Guests are rather pleased with the Alfredo, we get better tips." The Kitchen laughed at that and Dia said, "Great Job Pixie, keep them rolling. Will how much time for the Steak ? "

"2 minutes Chef.", Will answered.

"Excuse me I was wondering if I could speak with the Chef ?", a dignified voice broke Dia's reverie from plating the food, she saw an elderly gentleman in front of the window. She replied, "Please Sir, how may I help you Mr....?"

"Hi I am Antoine Leroy. I was wondering if I could book your restaurant for Saturday evening ?", He asked earnestly. Dia really liked the accent and said, "Monsieur Leroy, we are usually closed for Saturday evening, but may I know the purpose of your reservation ?"

"Mademoiselle, its for my daughter's engagement party, we just had the food right now and we decided. Please help me dear, I can pay any amount you want. I promised her. ", Antoine requested, Dia could not help but agree and exchanged numbers. She would get back once she discussed with the staff.

"Well guys what do you think of the Leroy party ?", Dia questioned the staff.

"I'm in. Lucky you ", Will smirked.

"Me too ", Pixie offered happily.

"I'm sorry I won't be able to pitch in", Martha frowned.

"Hey its ok", Dia smiled and squeezed her hand gently.

"Martha don't worry, Paul and I can hold fort ", Jhonny replied

"Without a doubt, Jhonny, but may be I need to hire a extra for this event. It shouldn't be a problem.", Dia replied worried.

"Chef remember Taylor. He's in town after a cruise, I can wing him in", Jhonny replied.

"Ask him now. I'm confirming the Leroy Booking", and she went on to make the confirmation call for the Leroy Party.