Scars Remain (unfinished)

ookie day!  So's this is called Scars Remain for lack of a better title, idk, i might change it halfway through the story (that is, if I finish it) thanks!

Prologue:

I was standing at the edge of my life.  I had two choices: jump to my death, or be killed.  Looking down into the flaming pit, I had to face my greatest and final fear.  Hearing an unceasing rapping on the door only worsened my situation.  I could do this.  I counted down from three. Three... I was positive there could not be a worse death for me. Two... Revenge, however late, was bound to happen.  They could not get away with this.  One...   My story, if told right, would live forever.  It was then that I fell slowly from the ledge and was engulfed in the flames of oblivion.

~POV change

Alexei intently watched the man fall to his death.  The flames crackled as they worked their course on the convulsing body.  His plan had worked. Just like it always did.  He was the best one yet.  Being the careful person he was, things like this took planning.  But the stress of the scheme was no match to the satisfaction he felt in the end.  Watching the people who call themselves "the authorities" excited him in the darkest ways.  It was ironic, to be calling yourself the “authority” when in reality, you had so little.  When they didn’t even come close to nailing him it spurred him to thinking of a new way to play his game.

This would be the best one yet.