o r a n g e l i l l i e s

Orange lily - The flower of passion.

-

"The Cookie Monster promotes obesity, and there's nothing you can say that will ever change my mind." The red hed next to Elnora completed triumphantly.

"I wasn't planning to, anyway. " Elnora rolled her eyes at her co-workers antics. She loved the girl but God, if Tory uttered one more word, Elnora was sure that she would become insane.

Or deaf.

Elnora wasn't usually this prone to getting annoyed. One needed to have a lot of patience in having Tory as a co-worker. But today just wasn't one of Elnoras best days.

For starters, she woke up late for work and as if it couldn't get any worse, she skipped breakfast. Her favourite meal of the day. Then while she was sprinting like an Olympic athlete, she almost got hit by a bicycle.

Suffice to say, Elnoras patience was practically nonexistent at the moment.

With a sigh, Tory placed her hands on the counter. "Our chat was lovely Elnora, but my times up."

"You mean like, you're dying?"

The only thing Elnora got in return to her question were a pair of narrowed eyes. Tory took her bag from under the counter and placed it atop her shoulder. "See you tomorrow, Babes." She said with a wink as she sauntered out of the flower shop.

Elnora relaxed into the chair provided behind the counter. Her hands reached up to the tight bun at the top of her head and pulled at the elastic. Her hair curtained her face as it came undone. She started massaging her temples with her fingers.

As much as there were days that could be considered fun at Eden's Flower Garden, there was an equal amount of days that were boring. Elnora got recruited at the beginning of her summer vacations. She didn't know what to do so she decided to go look for a job and besides, it would be cool to earn money for a change. The interior of the flower shop was what captivated her at first but right now, Elnora wished that she had a more interesting summer job.

She was too engrossed in the feeling of serenity to notice the door swing open. There were suddenly heavy footsteps and with a frown Elnora opened her eyes and was greeted with a handful of money getting smacked on the counter in front of her.

"How do I passively-aggressively say fuck you in flower?"

"Uhmm...?"

With an emotion that could be labelled as utter confusion, Elnora examined the boy in front of her. He was her age, that was for sure. He had thick, black hair that stood messily in all directions. A pair of black reading glasses were perched on the bridge of his nose. She wondered if it was there just to make him look fancier or if he actually needed them. His eyes were the darkest shade of brown and Elnora recognised something in them; rage.

"Well?" He demanded with a raised eyebrow. Elnora snapped out of her trance and zoned back to the matter at hand.

"I don't really know? You could maybe send her thorns?" She winced at the end of her question. Thorns? Pathetic.

"If I wasn't really pissed off, I'd go on about how you're such a sexist who immediately assumes that flowers are for girls."