CHAPTER TWO

With the sudden flood of unexpected revelations, I couldn't still process everything.

I suddenly remembered when my father and older brother had been arguing about something. I couldn't understand exactly what their argument was about but then I knew that it was about the company.

My father was a self-made businessman and he had devoted his entire life in building the company into a conglomerate. He had started as a mere construction worker and then he had established his own small construction company, JINSU Construction, with a meager capital. Because of his dedication and passion, the company had grown and became the biggest construction company in the country.

To strengthen the foundation and connections of the company, he had married Margaret Choi who was the daughter of Assemblyman Walter Choi. Walter Choi was a very powerful and influential assemblyman. He got a lot of connections.

Because of the marriage, the company had started to grow more even globally. It had then started to venture into car manufacturing and ship building. The company also ventured into the entertainment industry recently.

My older brother, Winston, had been working in the company as a director and he had been managing the entertainment sector of the company. I couldn't believe he could do such thing to our father.

I had never been close to my older brother since we didn't share the same mother. I had been considered an illegitimate child since birth. My mother had been an unknown actress in the entertainment industry when my father had gotten to know her and had me. It had been a scandal highly publicized. To protect the image of the family and of course the company, Margaret had paid the media to stop writing and publicizing about the scandal.

The scandal led to my mom's banishment from the entertainment industry. My mom had refused to have an abortion and had given birth to me. Unfortunately, she had died after giving birth to me. My father had brought me home and Margaret couldn't complain about it.

But then, since childhood, I had been treated indifferently. My father had been so busy with the company and couldn't even have time for me. I had been taken cared of by Butler Han, George's father.

I hadn't been close with my father and I couldn't remember any occasion I had spent time with him. I would spend most of my time with Butler Han and George in my childhood. When I had entered high school, I would spend most of my time with Aubrey and our friends.

My father had always been with Winston and Margaret. I actually used to think that our father and Winston were close and got along well.

"But then, I can't understand why Winston would do such. He's the legitimate child of our father so he's the sole heir to our father's inheritance. I don't even have any interest in being part of the company." I saw Attorney Jung shake his head.

"Winston is not your father's child. You're the only legitimate child of your father. Your father had done paternal test secretly when Winston was still a child and he had known all along that Winston's not his child. It means that you're the rightful heir of your father's inheritance."

I was stunned with the sudden revelation. I'd never expected that I would be the legitimate child and not the other way around. I had been treated indifferently for being an illegitimate child. Now I fully understood why Margaret detested me to the extent of not treating me like a human being.

" Winston has been doing secret partnership with Director Kim and your father had learned about it. They have been involved in a large scale embezzlement in the company. They have been stealing money from the company for a very long time."