15 | salted caramel and banana

It doesn't matter who hurt you or broke you down, what matters is the one who made you smile again.

-Unknown-
_______________________

Since most people voted for Mila as Matthew and Lila's ship name, I've changed it :) I'm starting to get addicted to writing this book lmao.

I apologise in advance for my very crappy writing :/ I'm trying not to lose motivation for writing this book :)

- L I L A -

Yasmine jumped up the stairs and sprinted towards me, her eyes wide as she screamed, forcibly sending me backwards when she hugged me.

We fell back onto the carpet, a broad smile adorning her face. "What was that for?" I laughed, knowing very well why she suddenly hugged me.

"You're dating Matthew!" she squealed, pushing herself off the ground, and lending me a hand. "I knew this was going to happen sooner or later, and now I'm 20$ richer!"

I surveyed her with cautious eyes, a slight smile etched on my face. "You bet on us?" I questioned, swiping my phone from the floor. "How were you even sure that we were going to start dating?"

She raised her eyebrows and provided me with a pointed look. My remark placed a slight quirk in her mouth. "Have you seen the way you two act around each other? Matthew doesn't stop smiling and you don't stop blushing."

Helena popped her head round the door, staring at me with amused green eyes. "There's a picture of you two on Instagram," she laughed, biting into her apple. "Everyone knew you guys were going to start dating eventually."

Yasmine plopped down onto my bed, ran her hand through her curly dark hair and brought out her phone. She opened up Instagram and rotated her phone so I could scan the picture.

Matthew had lifted me in the air, a grin plastered on his face as my arms were around his neck. I registered it was from the night before, when we were slow dancing at Lorenzo's restaurant.

I released a breathy laugh, double-tapping her screen with my index finger and unplugging my phone from the charger before I picked up my wallet. "We're going to go now, are you coming with?" I directed my question to Helena, nodding when she shook her head.

"I'm going to help Dad decorate the Christmas tree."

She turned on her heel and bounded down the stairs, leaving us to follow in her pursuit before Yasmine and I stepped out of the house, a sad smile appearing on her face once we entered the car.

I examined her with a worried expression, seeing her fumble with her fingers. "Are you okay?" I interrupted the silence, starting up the engine and pulling out of the driveway.

She sighed and shrugged her shoulders. "I broke up with Greg."

My jaw unhinged and I glanced at her with uninhibited surprise. "What?" I responded, nonplussed with her confession. "Why? I thought you really liked him."

She leaned her head against the window, closing her eyes. "We were at a party on Thursday, and he kissed another girl," she mumbled weakly, her brown eyes glossing over with unshed tears. "He felt really bad after and has been texting me nonstop over the last two days. I broke up with him after school yesterday."