Chapter 1

Another busy day at Eastwoods. I walked into the hotel through the front doors as I caught a glimpse of my friend, Ana. She smiled when she saw me as I walked over to her and we both started strolling.

"When did you get here?" I asked her as we started heading towards the laundry room.

"Like 5 minutes before you arrived. You feeling any better?" She asked.

"Yea my sinuses are clearing up I'm okay. In the meantime, I gotta catch up on some reading." I told her.

She nudged my arm, "What?" I asked.

"You're such a nerd." She said, smiling as she opened the door to the room and entered.

I followed behind her and was greeted by a few hellos from the others working here.

I updated my daily work log and was about to head out to go tidy up some rooms when I noticed Amy wasn't following me.

"You coming?" I asked her.

"No today was my off day, but Clarice called in sick so I decided to fill in for her in here." She said motioning to the laundry room.

"Alright I'll talk to you later." I said as I headed out and walked towards the stairs.

Amy was probably one of the most important people to me. I've known her ever since second grade when I got so scared, that I sat under my desk and started crying and then she came over and brought some action figures with her and we stayed there, playing until lunch. Ever since then, we've been inseparable.

I walked up the steps as I heard footsteps from above. I looked up to see one of the people who checked into the hotel a few nights ago. Louis Tomlinson. I had helped him find his bags since he was lost, but he wasn't the friendly type or maybe he was just upset that day.

I looked up and smiled at him, "Good morning Mr. Tomlinson." I said.

He swiftly looked up at me and focused his gaze back on his feet as he headed down the stairs.

I huffed under my breath and rolled my eyes as I reached the top of the staircase. I wasn't going to let him ruin my mood.

Today, I had to tidy up rooms 113A, 114A, and 125B and I'd be done for the day. We weren't getting a lot of people here the past few weeks since everyone's mostly on vacation, so we don't have a lot of work to do here in Eastwoods.

***

By the time I was done with work, it was 1:30. I decided to head out home and just read a little and sleep. I opened the door of my Lexus and got seated when I felt my phone vibrate in my back pocket. It was a text from Amy.

We need to talk. Meet me at the coffee shop on 86th.

I put my phone back in m pocket and started the car, heading to the coffee shop.

***

I walked in to see Amy settled at a table in the back corner with a cup of coffee in front of her and one across. I walked over to her and say down, looking at her expectantly as she stared at her drink.

"Mocha Frappuccino." She said.

"Thanks" I replied, taking a sip of the drink, "so why'd you call me here?" I asked her.

"I kind of have to tell you something." She replied fumbling with her fingers.

"What is it?" I asked.

"It's Julie, she's ill." She replied, her voice trembling softly.

"Well we both know that I mean I called her tw-"