𝕻𝖗𝖔𝖑𝖔𝖌𝖚𝖊

"Come as you are, as you were, as I want you to be.

As a friend, as a friend, as a known enemy."

~ Nirvana (Come as you are)

Edited~ 04/01/2020

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The sunset rays peeked through the trees and touched the old burned down house which sat abandon in the wooded area.

Toby sat on a chair that stood steady with only rust appearing here and there on each leg.

The cloth Toby had was stained with red. It's only used when he cleans the crimson off his hatchet. The remains of his victims stained the dirty fabric.

For the past 2 weeks, something has been bothering him. It wasn't the voices that he's been taunted by. Although, they gave him great company.

As always, he's been lurking anywhere at night. Either in the woods or alleyways. Spotting any individual that walks by only the voices commanding him to 'do it.'

But one day, there was an average girl. Hazel eyes, brunette curls that swayed at every movement she made. Twenty-one years old and she works four days at her retail job. He knew a lot about her without even speaking a word to her.

When he laid his ominous, dark eyes on her, he couldn't help but marvel at her beauty. He followed everywhere she went. Home, school, work, etc;

On that night, the girl was locking up the store with her other workers before bidding farewell. He hid in the alleyway, knowing that the girl always used that path to walk home. Toby had a chance. He'd done it many times with his past victims. But for whatever reason, he couldn't bring himself to do it. It almost felt wrong.

He stayed where he hid and watched her walk away.

Toby examined his now cleaned weapon. This time, the voices weren't here to accompany him. He was left alone with only a mental image of the girl that he admired.

"Primrose." He whispered to nothing. That was the name of the girl.

While stalking Primrose, he's learned some things about her family. Mainly her parents. Her father is a lawyer and her entitled step-mother is a waitress at a local restaurant. Primrose loved her father. He did everything to get her a good life. However, she never sees eye to eye with her step-mother.

Toby felt pity for Prim, but why should he?

Why is this different now than the other crimes he's made?

What makes her so special?