Prologue: Stumbling Idiot

I sighed as I watched my idiot zombified body stumble over fallen tree branches, trying to chase an alive girl that must've survived the zombie apocalypse.
I sighed as my body fell flat on his face. "Why are you even trying to chase this poor girl, leave her alone" I said to the idiot on the ground.

Zombie me grunted and looked a bit in my direction before turning back to the girl that was almost out of sight before getting up and falling back down over another fallen branch. I rolled my eyes as a memory came to mind.

All I heard was the rustle of leaves and the snapping of tree branches as I ran from the world that was behind me. Only one thought running through my head as I ran and ran. They're all dead. I could hear faint moaning and groaning from behind me as they ran after me. I had no gun, no weapons, not even a big stick to protect me from them.

A grunt fell from my lips as my foot got caught on a fallen branch, stumbling before catching myself and running even harder. My surroundings flashing before my eyes, my breathes becoming more and more short as I ran for what like forever. A zombie appearing in front of my self, my body slamming into the thing before we tumbled down. I was pinned on my back as the zombie bit the life out of me. A funny feeling overtook me, a light fuzzy feeling. I felt myself being lifted up. Confusion consumed me as I looked down and saw a crowd of zombies crowding my body on the ground. Fright bloomed throughout my chest, my heart pounding fast as I became dizzy. I stumbled back, turning around and running as fast as I could. Deja vu was what you could call it. Trees passing by as my legs carried me away from this as fast they could, running away from things. But this time, I was running away from myself. 

The sound of a scream broke me from my daze, my zombie self was eating dirt as he fell again. I rolled my eyes. I had to be stuck with this idiot until the day someone kills it. At least I could talk to him, somewhat, he only responds in grunts but at least he understood my insults. I walked away from him slightly and saw there was a deep river somewhat ahead. "Hey, idiot me, there is a river ahead, turn around." The sounds I heard was a loud grunt and a screech along with something dropping into the water below. "Idiot." I whispered under my breath as I went down by the river and watched my idiot self try to get out. Oh, what a wonderful afterlife.