ZaKiyah Rose

'To describe my life as difficult, would be an understatement. But I refuse to let that stop me, I'ma be Important one day. . .

Chapter 1

I guess we can start with the basics. My name is ZaKiyah Rose, no last name which is just fine with me. I'm 17 years old, I live in a one bedroom apartment in Glendale Projects on the east side of Brooklyn, New York. It's all I can afford with Footlocker salary, but as soon as I graduate high school I'm out of here. You probably wondering where my parents are, right ? Well I honestly don't know either, i don't know who my dad is, and my mama stopped coming home one day when I was like 13 I haven't seen her since. But enough of my sob story, I have to get my day started.

6:45 am

Ring ! Ring ! Ring !

I grabbed my phone and turned off my alarm. I do not feel like getting up. . . Ughh !! I counted to 5 and threw the covers back, I regretted it as soon as the cold air hit me. I got up and went to the bathroom to shower and do the rest of my hygiene. About 20 minutes later I was back in my room trying to find something to wear. It was a chill day I picked out a pair of Aeropostale jeans, a royal blue and white Aeropostale t-shirt, royal blue Uggs, a royal blue scarf, and my white leather jacket. I flat ironed my hair so it wouldn't be all over the place.

7:15 am

I grabbed a bag of chips and a Snapple from my kitchen grabbed my royal blue, Pink backpack and walked out my front door locking it behind me.

Alexis was already at the bus stop cussing somebody out on the phone when I walked up. . This girl is crazy.

Alexis: I don't give a fuck Corey. I know what I heard and I know Yazmine ain't gone lie about seeing you at the movies last night with some hoe. Blah. Blah. Blah. Save the big boy shit for them other bitches. Click.

Me: He's about to beat yo ass Lexis.

Alexi: Fuck that nigga ! I'm done with that arguing and fighting and shit.

Me: Yeah, that's exactly what you said last time.

Before she could say anything back her phone started ringing. Ahaa, my girl Lexis is coo as fuck and gorgeous too but she let that nigga talk some real good shit to her one day and she ain't been the same. He called back a couple times but she didn't answer, it really didn't matter cause he was the type of nigga that will pull up whenever he felt like and you was gone hear his side no matter what.

When we got to school he was waiting for her by our lockers with a couple of his friends.

Corey: Lex can we please go somewhere private and talk this thru, I love you and I ain't letting you go that easily.

Alexis: Cute how you love me now, but you was probably somewhere loving that bitch yesterday. Don't fucking play with JaCoreyon Taylor I'm far from one those dumb popcorn microwaveable bitches.

Corey: Bitch watch how you putting my government out, and stop all that loud talking, tough guy shit. Get yourself together iight? I'ma hit you up later.

Alexis: Now he's walking away from the problem like always, I ain't got time for that stupid shit. I'll see you later boo.

Me: Aha iight Lex.

After third period I left me and Alexis left school it was boring and neither one of us was feeling it. We went to Starbucks and chilled out for a bit, then went back to my spot before I had to go to work.

Alexis: Did you see the way Dante was staring at you today ??

Me: Girl, ain't nobody thinking about his ass.

Alexis: You need to start worrying about some nigga before you end up alone.

Me: Stfu I'm not pressed for "Love". And I thought Dante had a girlfriend.

Alexis: Hell naww. Who told you that ? Girl he's single and looking your way. Ahaa

Me: Ahahaha you think you funny don't you? I really wish you'd quit playing Cupid on this one, if it happens it happens if it don't then it don't.

Alexis: I didn't have nothing to do with this, I promise. He got a thing for you fa real.

I dropped it, no point of discussing something that isn't going to work out. Alexis left while I was in the shower, I cleaned up then got ready for work. Ughh, somewhere I don't want to be at the moment. 😒