The Offer

Natsu was getting impatient.

How long does it take to secure and stabilize a criminal?

Natsu leaned on the dingy, metal table. He was currently in one of the visitor rooms. The room was poorly lit, had mold on the walls and had the table and chair bolted down to the ground.

Of course it was going to be like this. Who came to visit a criminal in an Asylum? The room probably hasn't been needed in ages.

Suddenly, the door flew open and about six guards came in followed by a whack-job in a wooden chair and six more guards behind her.

They positioned her to face Natsu from the other side of the table while ten of the guards left and two stayed behind.

"Leave us."

The guards looked at each other. Then back at Natsu.

"Sorry sir, but she is an S-Class criminal. We can't possibly leave her alone with a civilian."

Natsu's glare was directed at the guard that spoke. "Do I look like a civilian to you?"

"No, sir."

"Then leave. I am more than capable of handling myself. Besides, you aren't classified to hear the information that Ms. Heartfilia is."

With a wary look towards each other, the guards decided it was best to not get on Mr. Dragneel's bad side, and left.

After a couple seconds of silence, a wicked smile made its way onto Lucy's face. "Hi."

Natsu noticed that her jaw was clenched and her grip was firmly on the armrest. He decided not to ask anything just yet. Instead, he stared her down with fearful eyes and a venomous smirk.

Lucy only laughed. "If you're trying to scare me, that won't work."

"And why is that?"

"Cause' Mister, I've seen scary, and you ain't got his smile."

That made Natsu raise an eyebrow. He'll have to ask Gray about that later.

"Hn."

About another minute of silence occurred after Natus' grunt. He kept studying her. The scars she had on her neck were somewhat hidden due to the orange jumpsuit. Her long, blonde hair was dirty, probably due to the fact that she was trapped in a cell and could only take showers once every three weeks. Her brown eyes held a certain twinkle along with a bit of malice. Her jaw was still clenched and her grip on the armrest was firm. He decided it was the right time to ask.

"Why is your jaw clenched?"

Her right eye twitched. "Being strapped to a chair brings back a lot of bad memories."

"Right." Natsu went back to inspecting her. When he decided that he had learned everything he could from her appearance, he decided to start.

"Do you have a guess on why I called you here today?"

"Well, I don't know. Why would a non-civilian want to see an S-Class criminal?"

"Do you know what F.T.B.I is?"

"No sir, I do not," Lucy said with mock respect.

"It's the Fairy Tail Bureau of Investigation. That's who I work for."

Lucy squinted her eyes and gave him a thin lipped smile. "That doesn't really explain why you're here, Mister."

Natsu placed the file he held on his lap on the table. He opened it and took out a picture of a man with pitch-black hair, crimson red eyes and pale, porcelain skin. "Do you know who this is?"