Old Friend

Y/N and Kendall used to be best friends in high school. After graduation, they grew apart once Y/N went to college for medicine and Kendall continued to pursue her career in modelling.

All throughout high school, Y/N always had a crush on Kendall deep down but knew that it would always be best if they stayed as just friends. He/She knows that Kendall was too good for him/her and was also scared of rejection, which might have ruined their friendship.

~ 2 Years Later ~

Y/N's POV
I was scrolling through Instagram and I saw Kendall's post about her 73 Questions video for vogue. I smiled and clicked on the full video.

"Sneaking out late."
My mind goes through numbers of flashbacks when Kendall and I would sneak out of the house and hang out late at night.

"Christmas."
I remember her telling me Christmas is her favourite holiday and the time she got her first pony one year.

"Killa"
That was my nickname for her and I knew deep down she always hated it.

As the video ended, I couldn't help but smile and feel so proud of her. I just remember that moment when Kendall and I snuck out at 3am one night and ended up at the top of Hollywood Hills laying down and just watching the stars.

[flashback]
" I can't wait till I'm done with school. I really really just wanna travel and model around the world."

I smiled at the thought, "Of course you will. Just watch, before you know it, you'll be walking down almost every runway show and going country to country every day. Heck, you'll be in every magazine cover and billboard"

"You really think so?" As she sat up and looked me straight in the face. I swear I get lost in her brown eyes every time I look into them. And somehow even in the night sky, her eyes still shine brighter than the stars.

"Yeah

"Yeah. You are so beautiful Kendall. The whole world is dying just to know how beautiful you are."  and right there and then, my heart ached as I stared deep into her eyes, and all I wanted to do was put my lips against hers and just tell her how much I love her. I wanted to tell her how her smile can light up any room. I wanted to tell her how her laugh can brighten any mood. I wanted to tell her that every time I'm with her, she makes me feel whole. She makes me feel some type of way that I've never felt with anybody else. I want to tell her that I am so madly and deeply in love with her.

...but I didn't. I couldn't. I couldn't bare the thought of losing her. I didn't wanna lose her as a friend if she didn't feel the same way with me. It can ruin everything I had with her and she'll never look at me the same way. So I always thought to myself that it'd be better if we were friends rather than not at all.

We stared at each others' eyes for a few moments and I felt like the whole world was on pause. I blinked and reality kicked in at the fact that all we were and all that we could ever be was just friends.

"but until then, you're stuck in math class tomorrow writing a test that you didn't even study for" I joked.

She groaned "ugh, I know. How much you wanna bet that I'm gonna fail tomorrow?"

"I bet if you can get at least 75% tomorrow I'll buy you ice cream"

"Hmm  free ice cream does sound nice. But let's be real Y/N, there's no way I'm gonna pass that test."

"Haha okay well .. you're not gonna need math when you're a big time famous supermodel anyways"

"Riiiiight??! .. wait.. define 'big time famous supermodel'"

"Umm... I don't know.. cover of a famous magazine or something? or like walking down one of those fashion runways?" I had no clue about anything when it came to the fashion world.

"Oh my gosh you mean like the Victoria Secret Fashion Show? Ooh or like the cover of Vogue? Ooh ooh maybe even like the September issue cover of Vogue?" She says excitedly.

"Uhh what's the difference with the September issue?" Still clueless.

"Everything! Duh"

"Haha okay okay. Yeah sure.. how about if you do any of those things in a couple years, then I'll buy you ice cream" I laughed.

"Okay fine. Shake on it?" She says with a smirk forming on her lips as she held out her hand.

I held my hand out and we shook on it.

"Deal."  She says.

I smiled, "Deal."

We laid back down and continued to stare at the stars in silence.
[flashback ends]

I opened up my contacts list and scrolled down to her name. The last time I texted her was 10 months ago, greeting her a happy new year. The last time I talked to her was on the phone over a year ago when we were catching up on things as I was in my dorm room and she was in New York getting ready for a fashion show. The last time I saw her was almost two years ago when we were at a friend's party. The thought of us growing further and further apart continues to sadden my heart. I constantly still think about her and I do my best to always check on how she's doing. But the fact that she's happily living her dream made it all worthwhile.

I clicked call and it went straight to voicemail. Of course, I expected she'd be busy at some photo shoot or walking down the runway somewhere halfway across the world. "Kendall Jenner is now a big time famous supermodel" I thought to myself. Beep.

"Umm.. Hey Kendall.. it's Y/N. Uh.. I just wanted to call and congratulate you on the Vogue cover. Oh and uh.. I saw that video of your 73 Questions thing and uh.. hehe.. i don't know.. I just remember the good ole days. Anyways.. umm .. I just wanna say that .. I am so proud of you Kenny. And I am so so happy for you. You're living the dream huh? I told you you can do it. Well um.. congrats again Killa. Oh and a bet's a bet, I guess I owe you ice cream ... I love you Kendall. Bye."

I exhaled and put my hands on my face. A rush of emotions just lifted off my shoulders. A million thoughts just running through my mind.

All I could do now was just wait.

A/N: I don't really know what to write next or where this should go, so leave any comments :)