Chapter 8

Ghost From The Past
Chapter 8

Kele was left alone in the terrace after Wooseok received a message and he said one of his friends came and he has to get him.

She tried to remember the last time she fell so hard for someone. It was... beautiful but she was so much younger that she's not sure if it was even real. Can people feel real love at fifteen?

It's funny because she's sure she did feel real heartbreakㅡbut now she's questioning if the 'love' was even real. Sometimes she'd find herself shaking her head whenever she would remember how much she felt for him and then she'd wonder how he's doing... but it didn't make sense to wonder about someone who left with an obvious reason.

It was all in the pastㅡmaybe it was a phase every girl has to go through while growing up.

One thing is for sure thoughㅡshe was glad she didn't feel that way for Hongseok. And now that she thinks about it, maybe she really didn't cry for him at all. She cried for herself. She cried because of those cruel words people said, because she didn't realize she could be seen like that even when she tried so hard to be carefulㅡalmost invisible even when being Kino's sister makes that a little harder.

She took a deep breath and stared back at the night sky when she heard two male voices conversing.

"Are you hiding from your own party again?"

Wooseok chuckled. "Nah, dude. You asked the same question as Kele."

"K-Kele?"

"Yeah, Kino's sister. Remember?"

"She's here?"

Kele froze. She sat straight up and listened carefully to make sure she's not just imagining things.

"Yeah, you've met her, right? By the way, they're waiting for you inside. Wanna come now?"

"I... y-yeah."

And the voices were gone leaving her with only the sound of her heart beating and the faint noise the party music was making. Kele put herself together before sneaking out of Wooseok's house.

Why did he come back?

»»※««

Wooseok doesn't know why he was itching to go back to the terrace, to Kele when he's supposed to be socializing with his friendsㅡespecially, Yuto who came all the way from Japan. He's going to stay at Wooseok's place for a month and a half because they finished the school year earlier in Japan and Yuto is just preparing for college, uncertain whether he wants to go to Japan or in Korea for it.

"Mm, I forgot to get something. I'll be back in a minute." Wooseok told them before hurrying out of the room.

Maybe he could, at least, say good night to her or thank her for coming... or maybe walk her home if she wants to leaveㅡbut when he got there, all he saw was an empty chair.

»»※««

Kele almost forgot that Seunghee and Seungyeon are having a sleepover tonight. She squealed when she walked into her room and saw their faces covered with white masks.

Both of them did the same and ended up laughing, but Kele couldn't bring herself to laugh. It was supposed to be a good night.

"What's with your face?" Seunghee asked.

"Why are you back so early?" asked Seungyeon, watching her every move.

Kele took off her boots and grabbed her pyjamas and a huge white shirt before going into the bathroom. She washed her makeup off and changed into comfortable clothes.

Still without a word, she threw herself in bed where her friends quickly laid down beside her.

"What happened?"

"Please tell me they didn't bully you. Kino won't allow that."

"Exactly." She replied, feeling tired.

"So why are you here so much earlier than we expected?" asked Seunghee.

"Ah, by the way, it was like a call center here earlier. Yeeun was nagging through Skype about how we didn't tell her about the sleepover. Well, my bad. I didn't think her parents would allow it anyway." Seungyeon explained with a sigh in the end.

"And Yan An also kept calling if you've come back! Does he think parties last for thirty minutes? Ugh! He's annoying me." Seunghee said, removing her mask completely.

Kele managed to smile a little. She suddenly felt home. "This is weird. I feel like I've missed you guys."

They looked at her quizzically. "Something happened there, right?" Seungyeon said.

She took a deep breath. "I just... didn't feel like I belong there. I thought of you guys when I was there. I realized a party filled with cool people doesn't compare to our sleepovers and hangouts."

"Oooohhh, Kele... you're so sweet!" Seungyeon said and hugged her.

"It's so cringy!" Seunghee yelled with a grin.

"Shut up!" said Seungyeon.

"So..." said Seunghee, "Tell us what really happened that you look like a thunder lightning struck you."

Who was she kidding? These are her best friendsㅡthey would dig all the information they could from her. Kele sighed. "He's at the party."

"Of course, Hongseok is gonna be at the party!" Seungyeon said, pulling herself away.

"Not him."

"Then who?" asked Seunghee, coming even closer to her.

Kele sighed again. "Why does he have to come back? It's just... ugh, I wish he just stayed where he was. I thought I was never gonna see him againㅡ"

"Seunghee-ah... are you thinking what I'm thinking?" Seungyeon cut off.

"THAT PIECE OF GARBAGE! SERIOUSLY WHY DID HE COME BACK? TAKE MY SHOTGUN, I'M GONNA KILL THAT PIECE OF SH*T. UGH, HE'S ANNOYING THE SH*T OUT OF MEㅡ"

"Seunghee, enough." Kele said to her friend who was getting red while all kinds of bad words came out from her mouth.

"And you don't have a shotgun." Seungyeon said.

Seunghee sighed and looked at her with worried eyes. "Are you okay? Did you meet him?"

"No, I just heard his voice." Kele replied.

"What if he's just someone who sounded like him?" Seungyeon asked.

"Yah! Kele knows Yuto so much, she wouldn't mistake someone else's voice to be his."

»»※««

[A/N] Thanks for reading!
Please follow my IG: @ heymellowrites