Chapter 23

Sly Brother
Chapter 23

Time passed quicker than Kele ever realized. She's visiting Yanan's final rehearsals for the fundraising show today! And then two days after that is the seniors' graduation day.

Her parents have been very excited about Kino going to college. He had applied in great universities in Seoul and just now waiting for any acceptance letter.

He will live separately from the family thenㅡsurprisingly, that makes Kele feel a little sad. She's gonna miss her brother's presence, after all, no matter how annoying it was for her.

"You're working so hard, Yanan." Kele told her best friend, handing him a bottled water.

He was sweating profusely when he took large gulps of water. Despite his exhausted face, he still looked handsome. Kele wondered if Yanan wasn't her best friend, would she have had notice a guy like him in high school?

When they were much younger, probably in middle school, there were times she would think about having crush on Yanan because he's just so cute and he's always been kind and protective of her but the thought just somehow vanished until she could see him like her own brother, a family.

And then she became a teenager and she met Yutoㅡthat's the first time she felt real crush, falling head over heels on someone. The idea of Yanan being someone more than a friend to her completely went away.

Even though, he was the one there for her when she suffered from the heartbreak of loss and longingㅡshe couldn't forget about Yuto. He's her first love and forgetting wasn't easy.
All she knew was, she was grateful to have a friend like Yanan. He seriously is God's gift to her from heaven. She would really love it if he would stay in her life for a lifetime, even when the day comes they'd have their own families.

"I've got to." He replied and then he nodded at someone passing by. Yanan introduced him to Kele few days ago as Kim Hyo Jong. Yanan said he's the one in charge of the dance choreographies for the event.

"You're doing just fine, Yanan-ssi." Hyojong told him with a genuine smile.

Hyojong is familiar to Kele. She saw him at the party and Kino has talked about him because they both share interest in dancing.

He looked at her and smiled. "How's your brother?"

"He's fine. Hyped about the graduation." She replied.

"Excited for college, huh? Tell him I said hi."

"Okay."

After the final practice, she helped Yanan sell tickets for the event. Changgu, Seungyeon and others in drama club were selling too.

They sold about ten tickets in thirty minutes and when they took a break, Yanan bought snacks for her. "Thanks for coming and helping me out." He said.

"Well, I didn't do much. They're literally buying tickets from you, not me." She said with a grin. It's true. People may find him so good looking that they buy tickets from him and ignore hers. She only sold two.

He frowned. "You're still helping."

"May I ask what you guys are gonna do with the money afterwards?"

Yanan smiled and looked at her. "You'll see, but I told you. It's for the kids in need."

After spending almost all the afternoon with Yanan, Kele rushed to her piano lessons with Jinho.

She played the piece he gave her to practice last time. He clapped in satisfaction after it.

"You've improved a lot!" He complimented with a smile.