Chapter 6: Conflicted

A/N

I'm late. I know. Reasons why are at the end.

I'm so sorry. Ty is fine.
Thanks for reading and commenting!!!

------------------------------------------

Ty's POV

The ride to Adam's flat was thrilling. I was finally leaving the cage of my torture. My is racing. Oh, goodness. I think I'm going to explode. I wonder how my life is going to be living with Adam.

-Adam's Flat-

I look at him. "You ready?" he asks. I take a deep breath and answer, "Yeah..." We got out and I got my shoe boxes with my notes. 'Welcome to our new home...' I thought.

The flat was spacious enough for the both of us. "You will live here," says Adam from across the hall, signaling to me a room. " It's not as big as your old one, though." I enter and respond, "It's fine."

We got my things out of the moving van and into his flat. Adam carrys the boxes and I notice his strength. 'Gracious...he could carry me easily...WAIT....WHAT!!!!' I thought to myself, horrified. 'No, no, no, no, no, no.....He's my friend. My best friend and I shouldn't think about him like that.'

I arrange my Wall of Notes and begin to write about my rather interested thought about Adam on a pink heart shaped note.

'Today, I surprised myself by thinking about Adam in a different way.'

"Hey, Ty," Adam calls. "Need a little help with your bed frame." "I'm going!" I call back. He's outside of the flat and he's pushing the frame in. "Okay, just lead it into the hallway!" he directs. "Okay!"

I move the frame into hallway. He and I then lifted the it into my room. We adjust it to the corner with it adjacent to the new Wall of Notes.

"Let's get the mattresses, covers, sheets and pillows." he says. I nod in agreement as we exit the bedroom.

-Early Evening-

We had finished getting all my things in place and we are exhausted. Adam lies back onto the couch and relaxes. I sat on the floor next to the couch. I hear his heavy breaths and then his stomach grumbles.

"Hungry?" I ask. "Very..." he answers. I get up and head to the kitchen to find some food. I found some cup noodles, instant rice, and more food similar. I get some cup noodles and warm up water in a pot. Once the water was at good temperature, I empty two cups of noodles into it and stir them slowly.

I raise the heat to cook it faster. The scent wafts into Adam's nose as he rises and heads toward the stove. He gets bowls and I lower the heat. We ate together in silence before he asks, "Have you always cooked for yourself?"

I slurp on some noodles and say, "Yeah, my...always made me cook for him..." He looks at me and continues to eat. "Sorry. If I had decent ingredients, you would have been able to make a better meal than this." he says jokingly. I smile. He's trying to make me feel better. But he doesn't need to try, I feel better by being with him.

He puts the dirty dishes in the sink, turns to me, hugs me, and whispers a tired, "Goodnight." With that he makes his way to his room and I'm left here to embrace such a event. 'He's so gentle... like if he's afraid I'm going to get hurt... Adam IS really kind to me.'

Then, I go to bed and wait for pleasant dreams to surround my mind.

------------------------------------------

Adam's POV

I woke up well rested and hungry. 'Gosh.... I need to go grocery shopping..' I stretch, bathe, change and wait for Ty. I did a quick search or the pantry, refrigerator, and cabinets. To repay for the food last night, I'm deciding to make pancakes for breakfast.

He comes out by the time a couple of small pancakes are laid on the table. He looks kind of worried. 'Probably couldn't sleep at night...' He sits and mumbles a soft, "Thanks." "What's wrong?" I inquire. "Nothing." "You sure?" I press on. "Just had a bad dream." he admits.

"I'd rather not talk about it now..." he says. Ty plays with his food and gives a pleading look. 'He looks really uncomfortable about it. It's better to talk about but in due time... I suppose..' I consider. "Okay, whenever you feel like it."

Ty gives me small grin and finishses the pancakes. Though, watching him, I could only imagine his conflicted feelings.Leaving a home he can no longer feel safe, moving with me, his father gone. Could the dream have to do with his father escaping? So that way if he finds Ty, he going to kill him for leaving? Poor Ty. 'And I'm just sitting here....helpless. He doesn't want my help. Not yet. I hope he knows already I'm always here for him.'

------------------------------------------

I'm so late. I'm so sorry. I've had other things. (Doctor Who, Dexter, Attack on Titan episodes -.-)

They got in the way, so yeah. Not sure weather to keep it best friend or extremely sweet couple. My friend said it sounded too romancey to be friendship couple. Eh..

Not sure...

What was Ty's dream???

Why doesn't Adam shop for food until there's cup noodles left?

Why am I still thinking about food???

I need some sleep....

Like always comment, vote, read. I get so happy whenever someone just reads it. It really makes my day/evening.