Introduction

It was a beautiful October morning. Well, it seemed beautiful. Erik Lehnsherr didn't really know, and to be honest, he didn't really care either. All he cared about was his wife, Magda, in the operating room having her third child via C-section. He knew it must be painful. After all, he could hear her cries from out in the hallway! He tried not to think about it but there he stood, pacing back and forth in front of the door. Suddenly, the cries stopped and the doctor opened the door.

"Mr Lehnsherr", he said, but Erik was already inside the room heading straight for his wife and the new baby.

"Well", said the doctor, "someone's excited."

"Could you give us a minute?" Erik asked.

"Of course" replied doctor, and with that he left.

The moment the door was closed Magda spoke up.

"Isn't she beautiful. I just want to hold her forever!" she said longingly.

"Magda," Erik said, "you know we can't keep her. If anybody found out about her they would...", Erik paused. "The Maximoffs are wonderful people, and they've taken great care of Wanda and Pietro. She'll be in good hands", Erik said reluctantly.

How could Erik reassure Magda that everything was going to be alright when he wasn't even sure himself. The baby had been evaluated by multiple scientists and, to everyone's horror, she had obtained more of her father's DNA than her mother's. This meant that she was more mutant than human. There was no hiding the concern on the couple's faces.
          Suddenly, the doctor walked back inside the room.

"Well, I have to get to my next appointment. You two enjoy that baby of yours!" exclaimed the doctor. By the way, I never caught her name."

"Jade Isabelle Lehnsherr" Erik and Magda said together.

"Jade Isabelle, it is very pretty." the doctor said as he admired the child one last time. "I'm sure she will grow up to do great things."

"Me too," Magda whispered, "Me too."

(Disclaimer: I do not own Marvel or any of the characters in this story except for Jade Maximoff.)