One.

It's a little after 3am when Demi groans as a shooting pain spreads across her back. Slowly she climbs out of bed and walks towards the bedroom window; it's still dark out and she can see the trees outside swaying slightly in the wind. She turns to make her way to the bathroom before another pain travels across her back and causes her to stop. Leaning heavily against the end of her bed she lets the pain pass before reaching for her phone and quickly dials her mom's number before holding the phone up to her ear.

'Hello?' Dianna says sleepily.

'Mom, I need your advice. I'm sorry it's so late but I've been having these pains. It started off just like cramp but it's got worse. I know it's no longer cramp, it's in my back and it comes for a few seconds then goes.' Demi explains, her voice laced with pain.

'How long has this been happening?' Dianna asks sounding a bit more awake.

'I don't know around three hours? Maybe four... It's only got worse in the last twenty minutes or so.' Demi replies.

'Are you pregnant, Demi?' Dianna asks and Demi shakes her head.

'No... Mom, what are you thinking?' Demi asks.

'I was thinking miscarriage but if you're not pregnant it can't be that... I think you need to get yourself to the hospital, Demi. I don't know what this is but if it's having you up at this time and in this much pain then you need to get it check out.' Dianna replies.

'Okay.' Demi says quietly. Her hand moving to rest on her lower back as she straightens up.

'It might be only be kidney stones but it's always best to get this kind of pain checked out. Phone me when you find anything out.' Dianna replies.

'I will, mom. Thank you.' Demi says.

____

'Miss Lovato, we've done tests and we believe that you're pregnant.' The doctor who's been dealing with Demi says as he makes his way into the private room where she's lying in the bed. She's been giving some pain medication which has eased the pain slightly.

'W-What? I can't be.' Demi says and the doctor nods his head.

'We think you're around 37 weeks and currently in labour... I understand this will come as a shock but this does happen.' The doctor replies and Demi shakes her head.