Fifteen

Sorry it's pretty short but the next one should be longer.

'Dems, go to bed you look exhausted.' Nick says as he runs his hand down Demi's arm, Willow now sleeping peacefully on his chest.

'Joe still hasn't replied.' Demi mumbles glancing down at her phone.

'I'm sure he's just sleeping. Look, it's 9 and you've been up since 3... She's not going to need fed anytime soon so go up to bed and I'll look after her.' He says and she sighs.

'Can't I just stay here?' She asks leaning into his side and causing him to wrap his arm around her shoulders. She lets her head rest on his shoulder and sighs.

'I'm really worried about Joe, you know.' She says quietly.

'He'll be fine. He always is.' Nick replies and Demi shakes her head.

'I don't know. I've got a really bad feeling, Nick.' She says.

'Get some sleep. I'll wake you up if anything happens.' He replies kissing the top of her head. Her eyes flicker closed and he sits quietly until her breathing evens out. The storm has died down a little outside; it's still pretty windy but the thunder and lightening stopped a little over an hour ago. He turns the tv on and onto the news channel, sighing as the scenes of devastation flash up.

'Storms hit California leaving at least 40 injured, bring trees down and even levelling houses. Search and rescue teams are currently searching for anymore survivors.'

____

'Have you heard from Joe?' Demi asks as she makes her way into the kitchen where Nick is cradling Willow against his shoulder.

'No. Kevin's alright, though. He texted earlier and they're all at home safe.' He replies and she sighs.

'Pass me your phone.' She says putting her hand out.

'I've already tried phoning him, Dems. He's not answering.' He replies.

'What if something bad has happened?' She asks and he passes Willow to her.

'I'll go round to his, okay? I'll make sure he's there and I'll make sure he's in one piece if you promise me you'll stay inside.' He says and she nods her head.

'I promise.' She replies gently rocking Willow in her arms.

'I won't be long.' He says kissing the top of her head.

'Be safe.' She says quietly. She carries Willow through to the living room and watches as Nick grabs his jacket before leaving the house. She glances at the tv as a news report flashes up.

'Breaking news! At least one dead as a result of the California storms. Stay here and we'll keep you up to date.'

'Oh I hope Uncle Joe's okay, Willow.' Demi almost whispers as the little girl whimpers.

_____

'Hello?' Demi says holding her phone to her ear as she answers it.

'Hey. I got your text. I'm fine. I got home before the storm started but I was pretty drunk so I've just woke up.' Joe says causing her to smile slightly.

'I've been worried sick about you.' She replies and he sighs.

'I'm sorry. I was asleep. I had no idea what was even going on. Are you all alright?' He asks.

'We're find. Nick's on his way over to yours to make sure you're okay.' She replies.

'I'm fine. The storm seems to have died down thank god. What are your plans for today?' He asks.

'Not much. Marissa was supposed to be coming over but I think she'll probably leave it because of the storm.' She replies.

'Probably for the best. Anyway I best go, someone's at my door... Probably Nick. I'll send him back to you straightaway.' He says causing her to smile.

'Thanks, Joe.' She replies.

_____

'I've just got off the phone to your woman...' Joe says smiling as he opens the door expecting to find Nick. Instead he finds two police officers standing, serious looks on their faces.

'Oh, sorry officer. I thought you were someone else. Can I help you?' Joe asks.

'Are you Joseph Adam Jonas?' One officer asks and Joe nods his head.

'I am.' He replies.

'I'm afraid your brother Nicholas has been involved in an accident. You were our closest emergency contact.' The officer says and Joe gasps.

'I-Is he okay? What happened?' He asks.

'We don't have much detail but I suggest you come with us to the hospital.' The officer replies and Joe nods his head. He grabs his jacket and slips on some shoes before following the police; he's dressed in last nights jeans but he doesn't really care at this point.