I Know

I know I'm not a size 00 so that makes me unattractive in your eyes. And I know that I don't wear make up or designer clothes. I know that my eyebrows aren't perfect and I have blemishes covering my face.

Yes I know

I know I don't have my phone glued to my hand nor do I update my every move on social media sites. I know I don't have boys constantly fawning over me. I know I always wear my hair in a pony tail and wear sweatpants to school, something you turn your nose up at.

Trust me I know.

I know that I care more about what I made on the science test than when the next top boy band is coming into town, or that I am only popular when people need homework answers. I know that you think I don't hear the comments you make about me as I pass by or that I don't catch the supposedly subtle glares and stares you send my way.

Don't worry I know.

But what I also know is that I am exactly who I am meant to be and each day I am getting better and stronger. I know that each time I trip, my ability to balance grows. I know that when one of your comments smacks me across the cheek, my cheek grows tougher, more durable, less susceptible to pain. But most of all, I know that I am strong, and that nothing anyone says or does is going to get in my way of achieving exactly what I want to achieve in life.

This I most certainly know.