Chapter 48: Lost Friends

*Knocks Over A Cup Of Water And Throws A Cracker On The Ground* GUESS WHO'S ALIVE?!?! Sorry I Haven't Really Been Writing Much :{{ School And Everything, So I Plan To Write A Lot Today And Tomorrow :33

Songbird's Pov

I sighed as I looked down at Laurence, still knocked out on his bed. When you wake up I am so punching you. Ray said that I had to let Aphmau in the line of fire but not so far for her to die. I should really thank The Stranger.

I sighed again and walked out of the room, feathers going on end, maybe preening can calm me down. I sat down on Nicole's couch and started to pick at out of place feathers, the feeling of someone watching me crept over me. 

"What are you doing?"  A small voice asked me. I looked down to see.... A kid?? "Is this a gremlin?" I asked, looking around for an answer. "No i'm a kid! And be nice 'cause this is MY house!!" He stomped his foot. 

"Pretty sure this is Nicole's house and I doubt you can kick me out." I deadpanned. "Well i'm her son and i'm future lord so watch out!!" He crossed his arms and started defiantly into my eyes. Is it illegal to throw a maybe future lord out a window?? 

"DMITRI!! WHAT DID I SAY ABOUT BOTHERING MY FRIENDS? GO RUN TEN LAPS!" Nicole yelled from the stairs. 'Dmitri' and I flinched. "But mooooooom!" He whined. "No buts! Go start those laps!" Nicole snarled and Dmitri sulked off. 

"Sorry about him, you know how kids can get." Nicole laughed out. "Yeah, when I was a kid Geoff nearly clipped my feathers for some of the stunts I pulled." I smiled, remembering the threats. "Geoff?" Nicole trailed off.

"Oh uh, he was kind of like a lord? In my 'village' there was only really me and six others but we were happy. He would always make games for us to play every week." I smiled at the memory of helping Geoff and Gavin build something in the air.

"Huh, what happened?" She asked. "....I miss them." I sighed out. She looked at me with eyes filled with pity. My Irene I hate it so much. I am strong now and I don't need it. "Songbird!! Get down here!!" Aphmau called from down stairs.

"If you will excuse me Lord Nicole, I am needed." I stiffly replied, hurt flashing in her eyes. I walked down stairs to see a familiar mop of bright red hair. "K-Kiki??" I chirped, my anger melting away.

"SONGBIRD!! ITS BEEN SO LONG!!" She shouted, tackling me in a hug. "Woah girl, calm down, i'm not going anywhere." I laughed out, feeling tears soak into my feathers. "I-its been so long and everyone was so worried and- and- its just been so long." Kiki sniffled out.

"Mom? Who's this?" A girl asked, one of her dog ears is pointed down while the other one is strait up. "Oh! Leona! This is my other friend Songbird, she helped me when I went into labor." Kiki explained. Wow, I didn't know she was a werewolf. Wait- Leona means Lion- wait wot? CatDog??

"Hehe, I hate to cut introductions short, but Leona can you go make sure the animals get back into their pens? I'll come along soon but I want to catch up for a bit." Leona smiled."Of course mother, I would love too." She said with a sly smirk.

"LEONA I KNOW THAT MEANS YOU WILL!!" Kiki called after her. Aphmau and I laughed while Kiki pouted. "Anyways...." Kiki started to talk to Aphmau again, nearly ignoring me. Meh, whatever, they were friends longer. I silently walked away and into the kitchen, where the Stranger is silently standing.  

"Hey man" I waved a quick hello, getting a quiet grunt in response. I shrugged and walked up the stairs and into my room. Looking out the window I saw a familiar looking deer being herded by Leona.

"No way- can deer live that long? Prongs?" I asked myself, staring at the buck. I rushed back down stairs and past Kiki and Aphmau. "Woah- Songbird! Where are you going in such a hurry?" Kiki asked.

"T-THE BUCK!! IS IT PRONGS?? I DIDN'T SAY GOODBYE TO HIM AND ITS BEEN SO LONG AND-" I started to rush towards the door again but a strong hand on my arm pulled me back.

 "Songbird.... That isn't Prongs out there, Prongs dies four years after you all left. That buck out there is his grand-son, Solace." Kiki explained, my happiness instantly deflating. I never got to say goodbye to my friend.

"However, one of his last requests is that if I ever saw you again, I should give you this." She said, pulling a leather pouch from her belt loop. She placed it in my hands, shakily, I opened it to see a small chunk of ivory glinting happily in the light.

"I-Is this his...." My voice faltered, Kiki only nodded. "T-thank you Kiki." I whispered, walking out side to see this 'Solace'.  I took out the two inch long strip of antler, a small hole is carved near one end. I unlatched my moon amulet and slid the new memento on, a new reminder of the families I lost.