zero part three

Age of 13

Remember Liam? Gareth's best friend? Well, currently now ex-best friend.

It was middle school time. And that meant only one thing for the thirteen year olds. Puberty. So everyone was in their awkward stage.

But puberty didn't only mean zits and growth spurts. It almost meant actual feelings. Chasity and Liam were a thing. They were 'dating'. Which in the term of thirteen year olds meant texting every day and maybe if they were lucky, they would sit next to each other at lunch.

Gareth could not believe it when he caught the text message from Chasity on Liam's phone. The conversation and moment still stuck in his head.

It was at their local football team's practice. It was their water break and Liam had to use the loo. Gareth was taking a drink from his water bottle when out of the corner of his eye he saw Liam's ipod light up in his bag. Curious, he of course checked it out.

'From: GF <333
when will u b back from prac? I miss ur text messages ): love you baby!'

At first he was confused. His best friend had a girlfriend and he didn't even know? Maybe it just happened so that's why he was never informed. Still curious, he unlocked his ipod. Of course, being Liam's best friend he knew his password.

Gareth knew this wasn't right, but he was worried why his friend wouldn't tell him. He scrolled through their messages, looking for a name to pop up in the messages.

After searching and searching, he found a name. And he almost threw Liam's phone right then and there.

'Chasity I love you so much. Can I give u a hug 2mrw after skool?'

A hug!?

He wanted a hug from that ogre?!

Gareth couldn't believe his eyes. How could his best friend go behind his back and date the girl he hates the most!

Ever since then Gareth and Liam don't really talk anymore and it was a shame. Chasity broke up the two's friendship without even knowing. If she did know, it wasn't like she would've cared.

Just another reason why Gareth hated her.