Chapter 21

Your POV

"It's so exciting! So many games to try!" I exclaimed with enthusiasm.

"Yeah," Boruto responded somewhat nonchalantly.

"Well, which game should we try first?"

"Hm... I don't really know."

I sighed at his blunt responses, wondering if he was getting bored of my company. Mentally, I facepalmed myself for worrying about being boring on my first outing with a boy (excluding Sasuke and Itachi) because I didn't want to ruin it.

"But Boruto, is it okay to come here with a little child?" I asked, a hint of worry in my voice. It felt unusual, and I couldn't help but question the choice. Boruto shrugged, appearing unconcerned.

"Well, we're doing our jobs..."

"But-"

"-and look, Tenten seems to be happy too."

I glanced down at Tenten, who was beaming with joy, as if she had just seen a panda.

"He's right, onee! I reaaaaaallly am happy to be here!" Tenten chimed in happily.

Boruto smiled lightly and patted her head. "Good girl."

Then, he let out a slow sigh and looked at me with an expression that was difficult to read.

"...Why are you so uncomfortable with all this?"

My eyes narrowed as I searched for an answer. "Sorry, it's one of the few times I've gone out with a 'friend,' and..."

I paused for a moment, noticing that he was staring at me. He quickly averted his gaze.

"And?"

"And I always have the feeling that I'm boring, and you might not enjoy being with me."

He raised his head as I completed the sentence. "...really?"

"Yeah."

He sighed again, looking at me with a surprised expression.

"I have to admit that you're one of the best people I can talk to," he confessed slowly.

I blinked at him several times. "Really?"

"No kidding."

"U-uh, thanks?"

We fell into a moment of silence before Tenten piped up with a suggestion.

"You should dance!"

"D-dance?!" We both exclaimed simultaneously, and I clenched my fist in embarrassment.

Tenten burst into laughter and pointed at a dance machine. "Ohhhhhhhhh... Let's see who's better!"

"Well, at least it's not real dancing!"

"But the biggest point is..." Boruto grinned mischievously, "I'm so gonna win against you."

"We'll see!" I replied anxiously after taking a deep breath and ran to the machine. It was huge but didn't seem too complicated.

"Which song should we dance to?" Boruto asked, studying the song list. Tenten stood next to me, her gaze fixed on the screen.

"You should try something hard!" Boruto's grin widened as Tenten made her suggestion. I had to admit his grin was somewhat creepy.

"Fine then..." Tenten selected an extremely hard song.

Maybe I shouldn't have challenged him; I'm not sure why I said that. We took our positions with me on the left, Boruto on the right, and Tenten next to me. The machine began its countdown, and I felt my nerves building.