Chapter One

She led me to the dock, holding my pinkie with her first finger. Kind of random, I know, but I thought it was cute.  I don't know why, but I felt butterflies flying inside my stomach. I mean she's my best friend.  So why was I feeling so nervous all of a sudden? 

The sun glistened upon her short blonde hair that was pushed back today. She was wearing a grey hoodie matching with mine. I guess you could say that she wore it better as she was rather tall, and the hoodie that was baggy on me, fit her figures amazingly."Val, is everything okay?"  she suddenly asked with a grin. She had clearly caught me staring at her. I quickly turned my head and just smiled at the ground. She let go of my finger and placed her hand on my lower back, slightly pushing me towards the dock."Do you remember this place?" she asked. I just nodded. Of course I knew where we were. This is the place where we first met. She sat down as I peeked over the board fence. She was now silent and stared at me with a cute smile on her face, fixing her hair and pushing it back every time the cold autumn breeze messed it up. I stared at the dock for a while, measuring its width and length with my eyes and then carefully placed my hands on the floor."What are you doing?" she laughed. I looked at her, chuckled and then kicked myself off the floor into a handstand. I stomped the floor with my hands, trying to keep my balance."What do you think I'm doing?" "Showing off your hot bod?" she said as she bit her lip.   "Ann! Stop..." I got a little flustered and got down and quickly sat on the wooden bench opposite to Ann. I eyed her as she observed the grey clouds above us like nothing had happened. I am used to her complimenting me but this time it felt different. Suddenly I heard familiar noises coming behind the trees. It was Evan, Ivan and Javi, the group of three best friends."Val! Ann! C'mon we need to get back to work!""I guess we need to go", Ann said with an annoyed expression on her face. She grabbed my arm as we walked, but let go when we saw our friends behind the trees.