the death game

“Hello David it’s John, your work colleague, when you get this message please call me back.”

I heard this message on my answering machine.   

The house was dark. As I approached, no one was around and I couldn’t hear many sounds, heavy; a smothering blanket of darkness had fallen around the house; I took a breath and felt the icy chill of the air in my lungs. The house was deserted and stood alone on the wind swept hill, silent except for the shriek of an owl, echoing suddenly from the sky above. I was alone.

I arrived at the immense door, raised my hand to ring the bell, but the door opened on its  own; I stepped inside the mansion ,the floor made cracking sounds with every step I made, I felt cold sweat running on my face, I called out loud:

” John! Hello! I’m here!”

And suddenly saw a tall, lean and murderous man in front of me with a long black coat and a hat that covered his face.

“Welcome, to the mansion of no return David! I’m John, you killed my father, remember?”  

And the gigantic door closed brutally behind me. I felt my heart stop; I had no way to go out of here, alive.

“What? Me? I … don’t know what you’re talking about? You must be mistaken” I said with a shaky and high-pitched voice reflecting my terror and surprise.

“No I’m not! I’m always right! You killed him! You got only one way to get out of here alive. I will give you three deadly missions if you survive them all you will get out of here alive and I will never ever approach you again, but if you don’t you will be buried in this mansion’s graveyard. First mission, follow the arrows on the walls you will find your instructions. Good luck with it I will see you in the end of your third. If you got there.” He replied with a deep creepy voice that sent chills all through my body.

“But…but…wait how do I…”