premonition x reality

i could smell the sea and hear the crash of the waves against the boarding dock. i've always loved the beach, but was never a fan of ships. especially cruise ships, you know after the titanic sinking and all that. it's cliche i know but there's just something about giant ships that get to me.

"WOAHHHHHH" i heard derek say as he was running towards me and getting ready for hug.

"hey babe!" i said as he hugged me. we kissed on the lips.

my name is riley williamson and derek way is my boyfriend. we've been dating since freshman year in high school, now we are seniors getting ready for the best spring break ever by traveling to jamica on a cruise. we are here with the whole graduating class of 2016 at jefferson high school. there was about 400 students on board so it was a big crew.

we were on the boarding dock and i was amazed on how big this ship actually was.

it made me nervous.

i took out my phone and snapped a picture of the ship and then took a selfie with derek. you know couple things.

lauren quinn and her boyfriend, josh jackson came to meet us at the dock.

"THE JEFFERSON CLASS OF 2016 IS READY TO ROCK THE SEAS!!!" lauren shouted as she was putting up the "rock hand" in sign language. lauren and i have been friends since 7th grade, she's been dating josh since junior year.

"you ready, riley?" josh asked as he nudged my shoulder.

"yeah yeah im ready" i said with a smile.

"let's hope this isn't the titanic part 2" lauren said with a laugh.

i gave her a stern look, as out of all people she knew big ships made me nervous.

we grabbed our luggage and walked up the ramp onto the ship. we had our cards ready as we boarded on deck 5.

we all went to our rooms to start settling in and after everyone was onboard and checked in the ship took off.

after about 2 hours or so, lauren, josh, derek and i were done getting settling in and headed down to the main deck.

ms. anderson was already on there trying to hype everyone up.

"you guys ready to experience jamica over the seas like you've never seen it before?"

"yes ms. anderson!" i said with a slight laugh.

"i was born ready" said charlie. he was in my senior math class. nice guy, never had a problem with him.

we were on the main deck, towards the back of the boat, as it started slightly rocking back and forth. charlie was with luke, they've been friends forever. both stars of the soccer team at our high school.

"what is happening?" i asked, panicked.

"listen babe, the waves are really big, and when the waves are really big it rocks the ship back and fourth." derek said as he put his hand on my shoulders.

"yeah it's totally okay, riley! these waves feel amazing against the ship." luke said

there was then a big crash coming from the front of the ship.

"then what was that? i think the ship hit something!" i turned as we both turned around to face the front.

"it's going to be okay, riley. this is normal!" ms anderson said with a smile.

"there's nothing to wo-" derek said but got cut. a rope from above us came down and sliced him in half.

"DEREKKKKKKK" i screamed and immediately began to burst into tears.